I'm confused why some players are upset about the instance cap

Nobody should support a change directed against bots that affects how real players play the game, regardless of how small the number.

Is there any reasonable response to this from the other side? I have yet to hear it.

yeah… its REALLY stupid.

That’s like saying “this doesn’t affect me, so deal with it”.
Really, the issue is that it can seriously screw up people who prefer to play in larger chunks rather than spread out throughout the week and it really doesn’t even accomplish what Blizzard said the change was meant to fix… At the very least, making it a week long timer, rather than a daily one, wouldn’t be so disruptive.
As it is now, it doesn’t accomplish it’s goal at all and it also hampers a good portion of legitimate players.

2 Likes

Listen to this scenario. A guildie asks you to run him threw RFC, even if I didn’t do it in under 6 minutes, I could still hit instance cap easily. Do that 3 times, take a break or go to bed… wake up, another guildie asks you to run him threw RFC, boom instance capped. This has happened on several occasions to me.

3 Likes

Well TBC has alot more day to day content than Classic like Dailies.

Also a gold cap of 10k per character would be ok because that would cover your flying mounts when we transition into TBC.

Also M-F i play 1 hour each day if I’m lucky because of work. On Saturdays and Sundays I am playing about 14 hours each day. I will hit the 30 instance cap in 6 hours.

Its like a mobile game with a stamina system next thing you know Blizz will be charging us $10 to reset that 30 instance cap.

No? They never stated this. And if they wantend to address it they would do so when this was the major content wihch was phase 1 to mid phase 2. Honestly a lot of the BiS for several raid tiers can be found in dungeons.
MCP, hoj and 1hs from rend, stratholme abomiantions, scholo skins are not rare bosses btw.
They stated the nerf was to reduce botting but it simple affects the playerbase. It is just blizzard not spending money on the game to hire people to effective ban bots,

And the 30 count starts at the moment you started playing so basically if you don’t do them asap you may end up losing all lockouts for your playtime on the next day.

Maybe, but all of this is just because blizzard doesn’t want to ban bots because they make money for them and may sacrifice “some”(honestly the majority of ubrs runs are about jed and rend 1hs, and maybe the ring from last boss and brd runs are trinkets)
In all honestly i just see more people willing to pay to get carried instead of risking instance lockouts and wipe.

There is no hardcore technical issue on this subject, LUA scripters are pretty easy to spot and plenty of systems like the guardian which blizzard uses detect it easily, fact is there is not anyone to simple manually check the system reports because they don’t hire people to do this anymore.
Hell private servers dealt with cheaters and botters better.

If you do jump farms or look for sgc you spend those 30 lockouts in less than 3 hours. If you have scheduled 40 people to run raids they may not even play on alts on their realm afraid of sacrificing raid instances, a lot of guilds simple do all those raids in a night in 3 or 4 hours, This can cost 5+ lockouts already(bwl, ubrs buff, mc, ony, zg).

So basically depending on the time you started farming a dungeon like SM to get its items with an alt or played another character running normal groups through deadmines, you gotta count the runs.
That makes no sense.

I literally farmed mara SOLO on my hunter to buy her an epic mount and did a lot of deadmines runs/stockade runs because i like those dungeons with my alts but now i wouldn’t be able to do this because blizzard want to profit from botters instead of dealing with them.
I would have to spend times fighitng bots for mat resources which is pretty impossible lol.

It’s just really lazy oriented.

In all hoenstly most hardcores just go after world buffs, logout and do speed runs the next day for sweaty parses.
Still the only affecteds are actual players.

You can.
However bots that are not being banned just farm the nodes.
Because they are not banned.

Is it worth playing a game that doesn’t ban cheaters?
A lot will say no.

Thats truth, wow is not a job.
Thats why people won’t spend their playtime carrying people that doesn’t care about their time. That would be a waste of time you could use having fun or you know doing extra hours in a job.
Gearing your char is literally how playing a mmorpg works lol

This would be true. If said boss was always present.
However 6 bosses can be there, the one that drops SCG has lower chance of appearing. Then it needs to drop.
Add the fact said boss is only present 9% of the runs.
9 chances out of 100 for a 6% drop.
Not that it is the ultimate drop, you have other viable options, but then again this is pretty fast compared to gowing down to the seven.
And then again it only affects players.
And the again it only reduce maintaining costs for blizzard servers.

If you did the first dungeon of the day at 11 pm it will reset agian only at 11 pm the next day. Basically the moment you log you gotta clear dungeons, that is as fun as doing dailies.

Honestly they could remove the 5 cap dungeon per hour at this point. Soo far all this change does is reduce server maintence costs. Actively baning bots would solve the actual issue for the game’s economy and regular people time spent farming gold due inflation.

I dont play classic anymore but it is fun to seeing bots wins over actual players and people defending it for whatever petty reason.
“Here it is blizzard 15 dollars to maintain the game, how much you will invest back on servers?”
“About 0.07 cents!”
“WOW thats incredible, thank you, may i lick your feet?”
lmao.

Games still better than retail.

1 Like

Blizzard has never, and never will, openly condone extended periods of playing WoW. In other words, complaints about not being able to grind for 6+ hours falls on mostly def ears.

Yeah. Rare.

It’s not really rare if you can reset it 30 times an hour, 300 times a day, is it?

1 Like

You could only reset 5 times an hour, so up to 120 times a day if you immediately play on reset.

Please learn math.

1 Like

Ya…
hahahaha.

Eh.
Classic bores me to death honestly. spam 1 abilty and insta kills shots in pvp gets old fast.

It’s not really rare if you can reset it 30 times an hour, 300 times a day, is it?

Your claim that you’ve played Classic isn’t holding up so well. Anyone who’s leveled knows that you can’t reset it 30 times an hour, or 300 times a day.

Except they are:

Missed a bunch.
1 banweave every 6 month?
Def profitable to bot in wow classic.
Basically nothing changes.

1 Like

Ultimate solution found! Instead of a simple ban . . . put them all in WoW jail, with no escape. Stream it live as you take all their gold and possessions away, then ban them. The gamer community (not just Blizzard fans) will watch, laugh, and praise the work. I foresee 5 million views easy.

You honestly typed that immediately after this:

What part of “around the clock,” “every day of the week,” “middle of the night,” or “on weekends” suggested that bots are only ever banned in waves? Just because ban waves exist doesn’t mean that they aren’t banned at other times. They explicitly said that botters get banned all the time; the bans just aren’t always advertised.

I don’t get this rhetoric. Genuinely not sure if trolling. I don’t boost, I work part time, I am hitting the daily cap. Nothing else to do during corona anyways.

Many players are getting screwed by this, not just people connected to botting/rmt or boosting.

Weird how quick people are to call out anyone affected as a booster or involved in rmt or simply claim that “you shouldn’t be hitting the cap anyways”.

Why are people so adamant to defend this?

If you are not personally affected, then by all means I can understand if you don’t care as it doesn’t effect you. But it does effect others.

And if they told you that you giving them your money is a great thing and you should keep doing it, would you believe them too?

Wow, are you necroing every thread about this you can find?

Who would have thought the RMT companies have their own shills. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

wow this is an old one, lol. I still love complaints in forums. After 15yrs its still entertaining to watch people complain. They make the game and we pay them if we want to. That’s gamer capitalism.