Im a BM hunter and there are still too many keys to press

I was told that BM hunter was easy, but there are still way to many keys. What has less keys to press?

Whatever I play I want to use the best I can.

Will to survive key (unstun human)
Kill shot key
disengage key
3 different keys for traps
barbed key
cobra key
shot key
multi shot key
cheetah key
beast key
intimidation key
turtle key
flare key
hunters mark key.

I can keep going, but there are so many keys compared to classic. What is easier?

Arcane mage, 1 button

Just be a mage. For the most part all you’re doing is pressing one button.

2 Likes

well considering half those abilities are retail abilities, I would recommend trying TBC hunter over retail hunter, a lot less abilities.

5 Likes

Warlocks.

13 Likes

I created mod:shift macros for all my hotkeys, so that I have a normal set of abilities without shift, and when I hold down the shift key I have access to the rest of them.

It makes it a lot easier to use all the skills we’re given as Hunters. For instance I have Steady Shot on the T key, and Kill Command is Shift-T.

I use ESDF for movement and then all the keys that surround them for my macros. I also have the movement keys set up as shift hotkeys, which makes power shifting on my Druid a piece of cake, since I have all the various forms macroed (S is bear, D is cat, E is ToL, F is cancelform, then C is Travel and V is Aquatic).

Just use the red X in the top right hand corner of your screen.

just do the stdy

i think this dudes talking retail

did you try drawing 2 cards

Only noobs click. The keybind is alt+F4

3 Likes

The TBC Hunter rotation is probably the hardest rotation out.

1 Like

Indeed, it is.

People just dont understand they gotta do their mechanics plus manage their pets.

Then they have a rotation that changes based off attack speed procs/cds.

They cant clip autos, and the 1 button macro clips autos.

Literally need to change rotation based off your weapon speed.

The EASIEST spec to raid is prolly shadow lock.

Literally curse of doom and spam shadowbolts.

0 pet managment required.

4 Likes

Honestly, yeah, that’s how I’m feeling, and my hunter is just 39. What if I want keys for bombs, helm swaps, trink swaps, tracking swaps, pet control, and so on? It’s madness. Reminds me of my UDK I played way back. Ugh. Not sure I’ll have it under control a decade later. We’ll see with the hunter I’m pushing to 70…

Why is there a decent amount of people posting here thinking this is retail? I don’t get it. Anyway, here’s some recommendations:

1. BM Hunters in TBC Classic have less abilities than BM Hunters on Retail.
  2. Play Mage.
  3. Play Warlock.
  4. Don’t play Retail.
  5. Play with a device that allows you to bind more keys.
  6. Don’t play WoW at all.
  7. Click your abilities.
  8. lol.
1 Like

Just because you have a lot of buttons doesn’t mean you will ever use them all, your rotation is 3 buttons at most, nothing complex about top DPS classes like mages, warlocks, or hunters.

https://tbc.wowhead.com/guides/hunter-dps-rotation-abilities-burning-crusade-classic

The title of your post made me hear that little childhood song “I’m a little teapot”

1 Like

its more about timing auto shots than the 3 button rotation, well 4 buttons if you count kill command.

Timing auto shots perfectly without ever clipping them is where the real rotation comes into play.

2 Likes

Dude tbc doesn’t even have some of those abilities. 100% troll post