I'm 60 and disappointed

I don’t remember vanilla being that hard but I did everything except naxx. Hardest part was finding a full group and teaching mechanics for 20 mins before every boss pull

1 Like

Imagine a forum in another timeline, where everyone actually reads and understands OPs.

1 Like

Oh I see you guys are already working on your exit during MC patch speech. Word is Ak already bounced. Glad you guys still have nothing better to do than complain about everything. Not sure why the guild even came back, you guys have accomplished nothing but good bye letters on forums thinking anybody cares.

3 Likes

how do you show classic character as your avatar?

Log out of the forums and log back in, when you change your character your wow classic toons should be there.

Thank you!!

The layering needs to be removed immediately. The newbie zone first 72 hours have passed and people are fanning out over multiple levels. All layering is doing now is allowing for massive abuse and making the cities and zones feel completely empty. I had one friend really confused because he saw so few people in Stormwind and Ironforge both despite hearing that there way more people on even medium servers than any full server in retail launch history. Having to explain that there are hundreds of people standing outside the AH probably, they are just split between layers, really made him sad. I am trying to convince him and others that it’s only temporary but with all the abuse happening and people well out of the newbie zones, it’s getting hard to justify it.

To anyone worried, removing the layers won’t increase your queue times. The servers, as Blizzard has stated, have a hard cap independent of layers to cope with the fact that they know they will have to e merged. The layers are only there to reduce stress on early zones which unlike later, people can’t make choices or move around - we all have to start in the same 3 zones per faction.

While I have to refrain judgment with respect to pretty much every other claim you’ve made, I really don’t understand what you mean by this.

Layering exists in classic not to distribute the load on the server, but instead to allow many more people to play on a single server without it feel over populated–which is exactly your complaint. I understand why you don’t like layering, but that’s precisely why Blizzard did it.

I’m not trying to defend layering here, but comparing it to sharding is pretty dumb honestly. Go ahead and criticize layering for all it ought to be, but the reason why they went with layering was NOT for server performance.

1 Like

dude ive spent more time in queue than leveling. not even sarcasm. Idk what youre even talking about. How do you get in?

1 Like

This literally makes no sense. Both Layering and Sharding are handled in software. It makes absolutely no sense to say that the “hardware isn’t designed to do it.”

The only way that would be possible is if blizzard were to be using some sort of specialized processor that had layering baked into the the hardware, which would make no sense for a myriad of reasons.

1 Like

my point is sharding evenly disperses more players in a non exploitable way and it makes no sense to develop layering

Can you define better what you’re talking about here?

This I see, but I do not understand. The servers still have queues but when I log in, the level of zone activity (questing, chat) has almost diminished except for in specific zones, like the Barrens. I have a really bad feeling that Layering/Sharding is in effect right now in a way that it shouldn’t be. It’s either that or a lot of people have quit Classic already.

Does it do something now other than the +80 fire resist if you MC it?

Cause if it’s just that, you could do that in Vanilla. My guild back then used it before Rag from time to time for an easier fight.

If there’s another thing it does now that makes things even easier, then that’s different…but MCing it with a priest for the buff was provably possible (as in, there is evidence of it being mentioned back then) as early as 2005.

How does it do that? Sharding exists simply to distribute the playerbase over multiple physical servers to reduce the load on that server.

Layering does that as well but actually makes multiple zones so that the player base doesn’t all play together.

But then again maybe I got it wrong.

1 Like

And you exploited it anyway instead of reporting it?

1 Like

READ the damn patch number, it’s 1.12 which is 4 months before TBC came out so everything is gonna be easier cause it’s THE END OF VANILLA PATCH.

That is why people killed Ony and Rag so quickly, that is why lvling is slightly easier, that is why most classes aren’t garbage (pre 1.6 druids were one of the worst classes in the game).

It’s like 50% of you can’t even read nor remember the patch cycle of vanilla.

/facepalm

1 Like

This is the only thing that needs to be said.

Why are you complaining about the “LAYER ME” spam in your guild when you’re in GRIZZLY? Grizzly is known for exploiting and doing dodgy crap, even back in the Nostalrius days.

2 Likes

yep, boring ‘easy mode’ patch release

And OP proceeds to call us brainless on a stream.

Lol this thread is a complete waste of time.

1 Like