iLvl for rating is bad and punishing

It’s heavily weighted toward doing raid like stuff, pretty sure both my world boss kills on Monday night and Tuesday morning gave me a renown. I think I sniped an lfr queue for a quick renown too . Maybe I was just lucky though but it’s honestly not too bad.

Yea I’d rather pass a kidney stone than queue PVE content so that may play a part.

1 Like

If you started late in the season, than yeah. You’re going to be hard stuck at a lower than normal rating.

Most people that play in the Arena at or around 1600-2000mmr I’ve noticed are pretty hardcore players. Most of the players I’ve seen in that mmr spread are gladiators in full 222+ gear. (It was a pain to get to 1800 against such players nearly every game)

The issue is, the Arena player base is getting smaller, so more often that not you’ll be fighting a very competent opponent with better gear. (making it an uphill battle)

Add to that, that it seems Item Level drastically changes the power of your character more than I’ve ever seen it because of the squish they did… and you’ll find that gear matters more than anyone realizes.

Gear>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Class/Comp>Skill

2 Likes

This is a good idea.

Also I too faced pikaboo on my climb around 1600 h ttps://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueSolidTapirVoteYea lol

1 Like

This is actually pretty solid advice. I too thought renown 22 would take weeks until I saw this guy post on his mage about how doing the campaign alone gets you 22 renown.

Now if only I was legit good like her…

BTW props to original poster for posting on your main.

The only thing I learned from this is that Pika thinks his kick is on a two second cooldown.

Pika does so much damage. and is a rogue. He is a multiglad, he will destroy people with the skill level of only 1800.

1 Like

pikaboo legitimately earned the points he played better

simple

ilvl for rating is how gearing should be.

why wouldnt we reward the best players in the game with the best items in the game? should mythic raids also not give upgrades?

1 Like

he cheated.

yes queueing up is cheating :rage:

You’re 100% right. We need pvp stat for pvp gear and to make the two different parts of the game actually different. having the gear desparity is ridic and does nothing for skill.

1 Like

1800 should’ve been the cut off. Anything higher than 1800 and you’re asking a lot from people. You can have cosmetics at higher ratings but locking item level at higher ratings is just punishing.

2 Likes

anyone that plays a rogue is a cheater.

2 Likes

I understand your point, but it’s still wrong. You just have to see it to know. in almost every game, he does about 75% of his team damage while doing all the CC.

all u do is targ his partner and if u lose 1v2 idk its justt a skill problem at that point

Ya it was obvious that gear locked behind rating was going to be an awful idea. Here we are though.

3 Likes

of course it’s a skill problem, 1600 vs a rank1

underrated comment

1 Like

I came across pika one time in a 2s match ended quick thou… I remember trying to peel him with a deathcoil but my deathcoil saw it was him and went in the opposite direction

1 Like