iLvl for rating is bad and punishing

What comp are you guys playing? I can help you grab 1400 in 2s sometime if you want, should be pretty quick.

1 Like

randomly countered by viewer 2s with james harden.

i like this idea. sounds like a good reality show.

go to school basketball games and just plug a random star in.

can even use lesser known players at lower levels, like chris paul could do a game in a 8-10 year old league.

he’d get injured of course and have to leave the match.

4 Likes

I like the part where he goes off on the opponent being dishonorable while I guess maintaining that taking a huge gear and skill advantage way down the ladder is honorable.

1 Like

This is one of the better ideas i’ve read on here.

People would just tank rating to do their carries then… Wouldn’t change anything. Only way blizzard could fix it is to make gold carries bannable, which considering the notoriety of some of the achievs, mounts, whatever… It should’ve been a bannable offense YEARS ago. Hell look at all the chads on glad mounts stuck in the 1400s XD

1 Like

Oh is that why i saw a 1999 player on a glad mount today? I remember when mitch was helping soda hit glad soda didn’t get the mount till he was 2600.

Devil’s advocate, but Pika is 1800mmr because his partner sucks. If you’re getting matched vs them it’s a fair game; his partner won’t actually contribute meaningfully.

2 Likes

This is BEYOND incorrect. Rogues are the kings of 1v2. Pika (and other R1 rogues) can easily control and kill duos at low rating. Even a 2.2k+ rogue could toy with a team a couple hundred rating lower.

Yeah but I think the point of realistically being able to 1v2 ends around 1800.

If you get 1v2’d at 1800 you deserve the lose, getting a random 1% lose from facing rank 1 carries is also not the reason ppl arent climbing.n

2 Likes

Just stop. He has 220 item level with 233 weapons.

The average 1800 player is probably 206-210. Believe it or not, 220 ilvl doesn’t make you invincible to 210 players.

This is a non-issue anyway. No one is being kept at their current rating because they keep queuing into carries.

2 Likes

A rogue in full 220+ gear with glad weps can easily kill an 1800 player the the sap>cheap opener. That’s not even a matter of “oh they just didn’t press buttons” it’s a matter of that rogue dealing BEYOND unhealable, untankable damage on a lesser geared target. It’s only a 1v2 after the opener, which most times games won’t go beyond that opener. Watch some pikaboo matches. Stop being dumb.

2 Likes

If someone is 1800 they should be around 220 by now. Do you not understand that 2100 is 226 and 1800 is 220? 2400+ only gives them a 233 weapon, rest of their gear isn’t 233 bro.
Most of pika’s games are well below 1800 because he usually can’t 1v2 half competent players at that mmr. That’s why he typically drops ppl when their mmr gets too high.

1 Like

Maybe if they have 23k hp.

If they have 205ilvl or higher, pressing a button WILL save them.

1 Like

No one is being kept at their current rating because they keep queuing into carries.

I get this and definitely didn’t argue that they are, to bring this back to my original point. But being low cr and trying to just reach 1400 or 1600, people (like myself) are facing a lot of people (similarly not very skilled) and losing close matches to them when they are already on the spider mount or in 220 gear.

I see that you have 2400+ experience and would certainly cede that you’re more knowledgable about PVP than I. Just saying the gear ceiling feels lower and difficulty of climbing higher than ever before.

2s is a deflated bracket ppl play to carry friends on and sell boosts. It’s especially deflated this season since it barely gives honor for vault.
2100 in 2s is pretty close to top 1000 in us iirc

1 Like

I agree gearing sucks right now. It should be much easier to get a full set of 197 gear and upgrading conquest pieces shouldn’t be as expensive. It sucks to lose because you’re undergeared.

2 Likes

Tbh I leveled up my mage and got it to 195 within 20 hours of playtime and it’s currently like 204 after 1 week, I still have 2k conq cap left so I should finish out the week around 210 if I have time to cap, maybe more. It’s really not that bad if people understand how to do their campaign quickly. Campaign gear is like free 197s, just doing the bare minimum to get to renown cap.

I always get bottlenecked by renown on my alts. I’m super unlucky with it dropping.

1 Like