Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

#PulltheRipcord

FOOD FIGHT!

#JustHereForTheFood

BFA 2.0 would be a good game

Curious have you ever looked in a mirror before making your posts?

How does it make the game easier to need to level 4 different covenants instead of just choosing one and being lazy and keeping it forever. That’s far easier than leveling multiple covenants concurrently.

#pulltheripcord

Sheesh. A bunch of rabid dogs here

Ignoring bleeding edge content, there isn’t one covenant ability, soulbind combination, or anything else that allows for optimal play across multiple specs in multiple forms of content.

That’s not fun to me.

Yes, that is subjective.

But you’re not going to change human psychology by forcing it upon people in a game.

8 Likes

I own a bakery that bakes delicious chocolate cakes with cherry filling between 3 layers. One day all my customers get an allergy to a specific key ingredient in the cake. Unfortunately, I’m locked into using the same ingredients. To maintain a successful business I’m going to need substitute that ingredient, but I’m unable to because of stubborn vendors. Guess I’ll waste time and start over into something that actually works :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm
 how about if someone tells you you’re wrong for not having fun? Maybe calls you names
? :thinking:

3 Likes

This thread is funny because OP has said in the past he doesn’t even play WoW and just posts on the forums because he’s bored due to covid lockdown.

6 Likes

The moving of goalposts in this thread to now attempt to classify all things Azerite as something beyond the external, borrowed, temporary power it is really is just the funniest thing I’ve seen all week. Thanks, needed the laughs.

5 Likes

That’s what’s going to happen if they don’t pull the ripcord.

Changing covenants is not going to be challenging in the slightest. Yet another example of people confusing “challenging” with “tedious”.

4 Likes

I mean I enjoy watching them throw a hissy fit. So it is fine, It might or might not be a mistake, but I hope Blizzard at last learns that the problems is not the systems they put in place, but tools like armory and raider IO that gives players way too much power to control pug groups.

So let them throw this hissy fit and let them even force meta even harder in pugs. The answer Blizzard comes up with could very well not be the one they want.

1 Like

I haven’t taken a look at WoW forums for awhile, can someone explain what pull the ripcord is and what it’s referring to?

Ion stupidly said that there is a back up plan in place to make covenants swappable as a last resort. Ever sense this stupid meme group popped up telling them to just pull the rip cord. Not even wanting to give them a chance to find a way to make it work.

1 Like

Pretty much Ion said that if this system does not work. He has a backup plan, so they are saying do that backup plan now before it gets release.

Pretty much it. It is the same few people spamming it, but like all things. The loudest seems like it is more than it really is. I think it is cheesy myself but more power to them.

It shows they already know that people won’t like it. It’s a lot like pathfinder and flying in WoD. They knew people wouldn’t like not flying, but they were hoping enough wouldn’t care so they could cut corners - but it didn’t work.

3 Likes

I mean it was not stupid. I was happy that he said it. Because it shows as a company they are learning at long last and growing. They now understand that not all ideas and systems work.

But the wow community is bad, and weaponize what he said to try to get his or her way. Twisting his words and acting like they expect it to fail. This whole thing really does show the true colors of this community.

3 Likes

Thanks, I was super confused.

On the one hand having covenants be unswappable might promote alts, which I am hugely in favor of, but on the other hand people might get their favorite character handicapped if they choose a bad covenant.

How was that cutting corners? The expansion was literally nothing but flight paths and a short jog.

The whole ‘flying’ debacle was a show of pure entitlement on the communities part.

I mean handicapped by what? You can still do the content even if you pick a skill that is not as strong as other skill.

The problem is the community will handicap you for it. Not the game.