Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

They should add polling to the bnet interface. Would end the debate to some degree.

Polling would revert a lot of bad decisions by those currently in power. My magic 8 ball says that is not likely to happen. :thinking:

Game development is not a democracy. Polling would be worthless. To the devs: Realize your vision. Build something you’re passionate about. If you love it, it will be better and people will play it.

MakIng something soulless and designed by committee will only ever be executing. It will never pull the magic out of anyone. Don’t go that route.

#ignoretheripcord if you must, but stay true to your vision.

Ability upgrades are a good option. Pacing growth a little better would also help, especially in light of Shadowlands’ ability and trait spread being so that you gain something nearly every level (spread gains to happen every 2 or 3 levels).

Going to an older example, imagine if the lv62 skill for Arms Warriors is called Crush, an ability that deals damage and increases damage dealt by the next Mortal Strike. In the spellbook, Crush replaces Slam. Ergo, you’ve introduced a new ability while also adding 0 new buttons to the rotation.

Power creep is harder to deal with, though that’s because I’m assuming you mean “power creep” as in stat growth and scaling. That would probably call for slight trims or squishes over time.

Thankfully, players are not corporates under Blizzard’s employ, so there’s no risk of design by committee.

Game development is not a democracy. Polling would be worthless.

Doesn’t make people noticing problems with implementation inherently wrong or worthless. Considering the problems people saw with Azerite gear that they were completely right about, player feedback is VERY important because people on the outside can see past your own blind spots (a creator sometimes has a blind spot to flaws or errors in their design).

Also, remember that people are paying money to play this game, and a degree of consideration comes with that exchange of money. The whole “don’t urinate on your customers” and such applies here.

2 Likes

Power creep can be more then just stats, but passive abilities which do not go on the hotbar also can contribute to power creep. It’s generally anything which increases your power above the previous bar set. Corruptions for example was a pretty big power creep.

#pulltheripcord
:popcorn: :tropical_drink:

2 Likes

Today’s secret word is…

Ripcord!

1 Like

Yay! someone knew the reference! LOL

1 Like

Just watch out for the extra cheese in the popcorn.

Don’t know what I mean? Ask Mary Kate, and Ashley.

I’m glad you’re with the movement brother, they can’t silence us all.

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like