Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

It’s you trying–and failing–to dance around the fact that you want the Covenant systems to fail so Ion pulls the ripcord. But that’s not too surprising since making a decision has the same mental complexity of an unsolved, thousand year-old riddle for some people.

9 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but never in the history of this game have they been able to balance an external source of player power. There is no “innovation,” it’s just rehashed versions of things we have had in the past that never worked then and aren’t going to work now. The new coat of paint doesn’t change that.

2 Likes

Nah. Any reasonable adult is just going to nope out and not buy the product, while the children here who don’t understand the concept of “customers can leave” will howl about how wrong people are.

With BFA they waited too long and the first patch was delayed. The second patch was delayed and then the third patch was delayed. Big problems if Blizz chooses to ignore an easily fixable issue now and try to fix it later! :thinking:

Two way street.

2 Likes

Once again, you need to show where I’m dancing around anything. I have nearly 16 years of precedent and the fact you still can’t show me where I ever said I wanted the system to fail.

I mean, people invest a lot into the game and they want to keep liking it. Are you saying customers should never provide feedback?

Blizzard won’t understand why they leave - though they ignore feedback so much they probably still don’t know.

Bold move to assume Blizzard’s customer base is growing when the trend has been precipitously downhill.

4 Likes

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singing, “We’re gonna vent our frustration
If we don’t we’re gonna blow a fifty-amp fuse”

You can’t always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well, you just might find
You get what you need

#JustHereForTheFood

6 Likes

What was the covenant system in Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath?

1 Like

External player power, I never said anything about covenants. The covenant part is irrelevant to the argument.

Borrowed power isn’t anything new. Tying power to cosmetic choices isn’t either. Scryers and Aldor for example.

1 Like

:thinking: so 16 years of precedent includes the Scryers and Aldor…

how did those fail again?

1 Like

I’m saying the people who puff out their virtual chests and tell people to suck it up (or make condescending remarks about parents disciplining their children) have got it all wrong.

2 Likes

They didn’t fail, but they were one of the first examples of tying power choices to a cosmetic choice. That’s exactly what I just said.

1 Like

I’ve ignored them since day one.

I see so this 16 years of precedent of it not working is trash. Thanks for confirming.

1 Like

My mistake. Honestly, it reminds me of the, “pull yourself up by your boot straps” argument that people like the OP like to parrot not realizing their origin.

It’s pretty sad.

Even those weren’t really balanced. The main reward was the shoulder enchant, but the Aldor enchant was significantly better in PvE and the Scryer enchant was significantly better in PvP (if I’m remember which was which, it’s been a while).

World of Warcraft has never had player power capped before, so that ‘sixteen years of precedent’ is hot air so you can try to sound smart.

World of Warcraft has also never had ‘external sources’ of player power to balance, nor could they balance ‘internal sources’ of player power, so trying to draw a comparison is moot.

#PulltheRipcord are coming from people who want Ion to pull the Ripcord, to admit that he and the system failed so that they can pass judgment on something else not up to their low-brow standards.

You are clearly apart of that cadre. What is so hard to understand.

4 Likes