Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

Sounds like a whole mess of hyperbole and scare tactic. Also very odd coming from someone who claims it’s unclear if it will be beneficial or harmful.

“Omg Blizzard you are forcing me to make a choice, and adding RPG elements to an RPG game. This is totally going to kill the game.”

10 Likes

Don’t balance the game around PuGs.
Cutting-edge players are going to min-max regardless.

And the big take:

You can swap Covenants, still. It hasn’t gone away. Tal doesn’t even realize that.
And he STILL WANTS IT TO WORK.

2 Likes

Well said!

Better safe than sorry!

#PullTheRipcord

3 Likes

He has been in the Alpha/Beta so I’m pretty sure he does realize that. Also, I’m not sure anyone has said they don’t want it to work, just that it isn’t going to.

3 Likes

For covenants to work well for everyone, they need to balance them out for all classes/specs. However, when in the past the devs literally say things like “Because we’d rather you didn’t play demonology” - actual quote here, I don’t blame people for asking for them to just go with plan B and jump right to the stage when people can freely play the covenant/class/spec combinations that actually work rather than deal with frustration for the first 6 months of the expansion. They need to demonstrate that they want to balance things NOW if they don’t want people to be concerned enough to request that they do away with the restrictions. It also takes time off of devs from developing things like covenant preview systems and puts it into other areas (like class balance).

2 Likes

They aren’t going to balance them. The utility abilities alone will never be balanced.

5 Likes

Did you forget #PulltheRipcord already?

Well I’m going to make my own pretentious hashtag:

#JusttheTip… of the iceburg. If Blizzard bends the knee than the outrage mob will move to something else in the game. So give the #PulltheRipcord people #JusttheTip

4 Likes

Which part of that says “I don’t want it to work?”

It’s the implication. Telling them to just pull the rip cord and go to the backup plan before even having a chance to make this work, or find a middle ground. Is just plugging your ears and saying no.

4 Likes

What implication? You seeing things that aren’t there again?

The ‘Ripcord’ is plan B? You clearly don’t want plan A to work, so you mimic the hashtag of the guy who wants Ion fired. Good job!

#JusttheTip

8 Likes

Meh 6/10 you got some bites on a rediculous premise.

Pulling the rip cord is telling them to use the back up plan which they clearly stated is their last resort. It’s not seeing things that are not there. It’s you saying things and not understanding what you are saying. Or if you do, then are clearly stating as I said. You don’t even want to give it a chance, or compromise.

4 Likes

Pretty sure it doesn’t say anything about not wanting it to work, only that we know it isn’t.

2 Likes

Again, which part of it says “I don’t want it to work.” Keep in mind, we have nearly 16 years of precedent that tells us it isn’t going to.

2 Likes

It’s not about what’s easiest - it’s about what’s fun to players.

If you don’t want to switch things - then don’t.

#pulltheripcord

6 Likes

That’s the same thing. It’s not out yet, but you want it to fail so Ion pulls the Ripcord.

Semantics won’t save you.

2 Likes

I’m not sure you understand what semantics are lol.

3 Likes

Phrasing!!

1 Like

yes. 16 years. Because this game has been trying to add more RPG elements for that long. The idea of trying to get the game back into the original idea of an RPG has only started in Legion. The RPG part of it slowly had been eroded sense TBC. There hadn’t really been much precedent on this exact type of system either. At least not compared to 16 years. You got exactly 4 years of precedent at most. But those was also different things, each iteration could work better then the previous. This is what you call innovation. Or at least the process of it. They will keep trying new things until something actually works and looks good, then improve upon it.

2 Likes