Ignore the Ripcord pulling pushers

No it really didn’t. By caving in to the pull the rip cord crowd. They would literally have to ignore the people that want power tied to the covenants. You are telling them to ignore the players that want that. You can try to shuffle it any way you want but end of the day. You want them to ignore us and side with you.

Because Ion would have a heart attack if he played swtor where gear is bind on account and you can gear your alts via your main which is something he isnt supportive of.

Your brain just seems to have such a serious issue understanding context it seems

It is so hilarious trying to get me on some gatcha old post which i still believe is correct xD

What reason would there be to feel pride in a covenant if it was meaningless and everything was the same? Why even have different options at that point?

Wait are you the SWTOR fan? Was that dude earlier trying to call me you again? These people really need to get their heads on straight.

Yes we do. Because if you want to RP with a specific covenant and never change for the entire expansion, you are able to do that even if we can freely swap.

howcome you didn’t quit for SWTOR then?

covenants are an external power system that make up almost 50% of our throughput in some cases

Yep, so then why are people chastising me for saying to ignore the other crowd. This wolf dude is chasing the wrong bone.

M+ is on an infinite scale. Trying to balance around that is impossible. Eventually every possible combination with have it’s plateau, but it still follows the basic principle of the Raids;

People will always be able to hit that +15, but like Mythic, have to dedicate themselves to completing +20.

Parrots will always find an excuse to over qualify pugs.

What would be wrong with those who want to stay loyal to one covenant get a bit extra for doing so? Because in a world where free swapping was an option, sticking with one wouldn’t be viable.

Min-maxing multiple specs is not something most people do and not something Blizzard approves of, just an FYI. They usually crack these systems open later in an expansion like they crack open Pathfinder, not because it is what they want to do but because it drives a kind of late-expansion buzz (in the same way that handing out rank 14 PvP gear like candy in Vanilla WoW did, even if it isn’t something you would wan tto do for the long-term health of the game).

You do know how the legendary grind is going to work in Shadowlands, right? You will get a legendary either every 2 weeks or every month, I forget the exact number, but basically they’ve said if you stay on top of your chores up to the release of Castle Nathria, you will have exactly ONE legendary. This is Blizzard’s design paradigm.

The Covenant argument, like I see the merits of arguing for an open Covenant system, even if I don’t agree. But this "multi-spec"fantasy of all of your specs always staying viable… this is almost never how the game is designed and Blizzard is not going to actively support it. Your off-spec legendaries WILL be time-gated and they will lag behind. WoW is an RPG and Blizzard wants your main spec to be you rmain spec.

2 Likes

Sure, but covenants were presented as making it so people would be more accepting of your choices, and they are so wrong on that.

You don’t get my point. I’m not talking about balance here. But of requirements and etc you need to do to enter content. Those requirements will always exist even in non-pug content. Unless you’re getting carried/boosted.

They also want your mains to be your mains, And your alts to be alts. Although they have caved recently to some of the alt tears.

Probably, love swtor, it feels so much better than wow in many aspects with classes feeling a lore more deep, therefore pvp is instantly way better due to the amount of counterplay that exists, you can gear through solo activities to max ilvl and you can grind gear for your alts on your main.

Unlike wow, swtor is a lot more fun and accessible gear wise, no ridiculous grinds, catchups etc, only thing that makes it not win is the lack of content updates and dps meters(there’s private ones with ppl who join your dps metter app but im talking about public ones like wow)

You should have probably read my posts, i ve explained many times

Yeah you know the difference? I CHOOSE THE COVENANT, it isnt bestowed upon me by the rng gods

But like i said, you are so desperate to catch me on some gotcha old post that i havent even regretted that you completely ignore context xD

Since clearly you also dont understand the kind of player that I am

Making an expansion incredibly alt unfriendly isn’t a very good idea, since the way the game works makes things a lot easier to run out of things to do faster.

Classic isn’t very alt friendly, but we have plenty of people with multiple 60s anyway.

1 Like

Yea, don’t know why Ion said that.

• 15 Keys are flexible enough for sub-optimal builds to accomplish. If its with Guildies people will be completely fine. Eventually they all will plateau, and it will be up to them to change if they want to push further.

Alt friendly is fine, but it crosses a line when making Alts just a secondary main.

The issue for me is that I dont do alts, I dont see the point of alts for myself, if I am making a new character it is mainly cuz im planning on maining them which of course requires me to catch up like crazy

Like now I am having boomie thoughts so might be playing a cute fat lazer chicken but i dont think i ll manage to reach the performance of my main before prepatch since i ll need tof arm echoes for essences, cloak upgrades, cloak cores and corruption which by prepatch will be disabled

Which i could stick to a main for an entire tier >.>

That is my main problem rly

Why is that not viable?

The more they make it so Alts can be mains, the more they will have to balances thing around people having multiple characters. That just isn’t fly for me. I like focusing on a single character each expansion.