Ignore the forums

If you really cared about where the player base stands, you would put a poll for any given game subject on the home screen next to those nice, shiny 6 month sub perks and deluxe edition bundles.

Heck, do something really revolutionary and give everyone who votes a free mount or pet per account for participating.

But you won’t, because it’s easier to use scapegoats like “the forums are just the vocal minority” and “the majority of people are fine with it” than to acknowledge the truth.

The truth? My guild is dead from burn out. We’ve got a couple dedicated crews who show up with varying regularity for raid and m+ nights. Otherwise what was easily 15-20 people minimum on at any given time over the last two expansions is now down to literally 1-4.

27 Likes

You want them to trust a poll?

16 Likes

The website wants me to pay money

Inspect element got me this part:

March 21, 2016
A proposal by a British government agency to let the Internet suggest a name for a $287 million polar research ship probably seemed like a good idea at the time.
Now, the agency is the latest group to see what happens when web users are asked to unleash their creative energy: R.R.S. Boaty McBoatface is a clear front-runner.

3 Likes

you subscribe to new york times?

yikes

17 Likes

Boaty McBoatface is a great name for a research ship. I get a chuckle every time I hear about it. I mean they didn’t really name the boat that but they did give the name to one of the drone subs.

3 Likes

It was the first google result.

There are others you can pick from if you prefer.

3 Likes

You’re not going to say “fake news” are you?

6 Likes

Vote with your wallet. That’s all.

8 Likes

i dont sub to any newspaperarticle sites waste of money

id rather take that 2 dollars and buy dogecoin

Nobody be ignorin’ me mon.

You lucky I don’t be hexing you right now. Though you probably be lookin’ better as a frog.

7 Likes

Remember the mountain dew poll?

3 Likes

The thing is, people may or may not know what changes for the game may make them enjoy it more, but they almost certainly do not know what changes will make bliz the most money.

Believe it or not, sometimes making people just the right amount of miserable in the right way nets more engagement than making people happy.
There are lots of counter-intuitive things at play in situations like this, like sometimes fewer players nets more money.

Now I’m not trying to say this is right or wrong or anything other than simply the way it is.

4 Likes

No but I remember the poll back in WoD? MoP where they asked the player base to vote on the mount. That went well. lol

I picked up the Horde one because I was subbed, and then bought the Alliance one.

Here you go… I agree never let the internet pick anything. McDonald’s had one complete with a build your own burger… sadly Erets meat mania (4 patties) could not come into being.

3 Likes

Do you ever take a position that doesn’t defend Blizzard? Honest question.

2 Likes

You want a list?

I think Ion’s war on flying is inexcusable.
I think their class design is horrible.
I think class imbalance is ridiculous.
I think the covenant system is garbage and could only be saved if they let us belong to all 4 covenants at once and choose where to spend our renown to unlock features/abilities in the different covenants as we wished.
I think they need to stop crapping on guilds, which they’ve been doing for years.
I think the story team is awful.

I just correct misinformation where I see it, which some people see as “defending” Blizzard. And telling the truth will get you tarred & feathered around here, sometimes.

23 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

they don’t look at these forums, it’s a lightning rod to prevent a greater fire

they have specific other inaccessible ones in which they bully people who give feedback

2 Likes

That’s actually a horrible way to do a poll.

Random Samples are more accurate and eliminate some of the participant biases which will result in more accurate results.

Of course, now we know that GD/Streamers/Twitter/etc will make a huge deal out of a random sample survey question…so that is probably not going to happen again anytime soon.

1 Like

lol.
I think those MILLIONS of paying customers who left the game are the vast majority who said ‘stuff it’, and walked away.
Some of these folks in here compare TODAYS sub numbers with YESTERDAYS sub numbers, and thats a laughable joke.
When Im investing in precious metals I DONT just look at TODAYS price…and YESTERDAYS price.
If I did that crap Id lose money every single time, lol.
I have to know where the metal is coming from LONG term…so I can get a feel for where it can go in either direction.
And because of that I make money every single time.
I sold my rhodium for many MANY times what I paid for it. Same with every metal I buy.

when a lot of these folks are defending the company they seem to want to pretend to forget where the game CAME FROM…how many subs it HAD…and LOST…and WHEN those subs were lost…and what was going on at the precise time they were lost…etc…etc…etc.

When I invest i make sure I know what it is Im looking at. I dont glance quickly then dump $10,000 into something not knowing whats going on. Again, its why I never lose on my investments.

Looking at the ENTIRE history of this company called blizzard…and this game warcraft and then World of Warcraft…the mighty have fallen…mightily.

VERY obviously the ONLY reason this game stays afloat today is because of DEDICATED players who love it enough to put up with the crap and dumpster sludge…and even most of those players bailed YEARS ago.

And yet here we are today…in here daily making up hokey joke excuses…shilling…for a game that really is on life support, just waiting for that last 15% of players to finally have had enough and walk so those servers can all be unplugged.

4 Likes