Ignore on the forums needs rework

Actually ignore is not the problem, how Blizzard treats each character as a separate poster has always been the problem since day 1.

6 Likes

yeah we still have mute. as far as i know that doesnt mute any alts though, these forums work differently than the old ones and nothing is considered account-wide anymore, its all per character

2 Likes

100% this here.

You’re 100000% right, Hamstar. It’s not only that trolls can hop on their alts and bother you, but also that they can mass flag you to hide your post.

And let’s not start on Classic characters, that offer them 100% anonymity.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying. At the time, it did mute alts. It may have been removed for some reason. It was nice to stop logging in to 8 notifications, 1 being someone calling you some form of the word “stupid” hearted by the same 7 people and a “yeah, what he said!” reply from those same 7 people, all 8 of which had the same pet collections.

1 Like

Oh, no, no. This isn’t working like that at all now. You have to manually include alts to your ignore list unfortunately.

More how people abuse it.

Replying and liking should have per account restrictions.

2 Likes

It does not have to have a duration. If you manually type the word “forever,” in the box where you select a time frame, you can ignore someone forever.

I know it doesn’t now because I’ve tried. There are several hidden forum features I’ve come across. Some no longer work, which is sad. Not sure if it’s because they were abused or if someone said “I was ignored and I’m offended by that”, which means change is top priority.

Why would someone feel offended by being ignored by someone else?

If I ever discover someone is /ignoring me I’d be thankful for that, as I would now know not to waste my time with that person.

That is sad, indeed. I really hope Blizzard can come up with some solution to at least include alts automatically in our ignore lists.

That was a joke. People these days are offended by the most random, stupid things to the point where I do not feel that many of them are sincere but seeking attention.

However, if someone says they’re offended, people feel immediate action is needed!

You’d probably never know lol. But regardless, you “may” not have to deal with them unless they’re completely obsessed. There is this dark iron shaman who posts here sometimes. Anyone who disagrees with him, he’ll openly state that he is putting you on ignore but will continue to talk to/about you.

This is abusable for harassment and should not be implemented.

How do you feel that people can be harassed by being ignored?

1 Like

An AOE ignore.

2 Likes

How will that lead to harassment? Nobody is obligated to engage with you.

1 Like

… what?

You and your whole account being ignored by a particular person who does not want to know anything about you can in no way be considered harassment, Samtaya.

In fact, that’s being implemented in game in 9.1.5.

Are we talking about the same thing?

I would rather people who mass flag threads they disagree with, nuked into oblivion.

This is a forum for discussions. Not an echo chamber. Bring back the dislikes.

Wiggles toes

If I’m stalking you and can ignore your account so that I always know it’s you based on what posts show as Ignored, it’s abusable for harassment.

I personally find it hilarious when I know someone’s ignoring me.

As it shows how fragile they are when it comes to facing the posibility that they might be wrong about something.

I know I have a monkey brain so I’ll just say… I can’t find where to do that.

1 Like

I don’t ignore people if I disagree with them. I ignore people who intent to be toxic or rude with there behaviour.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t matter, because the other user can ignore you and would never be subject to your harassment (?).

100% this.