Ignore on the forums needs rework

You are 1000% correct on this. I’ve witnessed people literally stalk others for months with 0 action and even though sycophants will tell you that you cannot tell if someone has had action taken, there are a few small ways to tell.

If someone is that obsessed with you, ignoring them is the best thing you can do. Nobody who matters will care what someone who does that says. Not to mention, if the person knows that you’ve ignored them but keep talking to you, I’m sorry to say this as it will sound mean but they have issues that require a prescription.

It will not because there are people who troll on their full active mains. They just don’t care.

3 Likes

This is the double edged sword that has me leery. If you can’t hide from your reputation you also can’t hide from harassment. I wouldn’t go crusading against this suggestion or anything, I’m just not totally in favor.

1 Like

:point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3:

Sure, but this… Doesn’t really negate harassment?

:confused: Do I not matter if someone following me around and spewing toxicity upsets me? This doesn’t need to be enabled, and I feel like the potential for harm outweighs the convenience.

What if the person ignoring you keeps on passive aggressively responding to anything said by you and keeps skirting by things you’re saying, while never addressing you directly?

Which is why my suggestion was simply remove the capacity for Alt Jumping

And moderators do in fact punish stalking.

If someone is going to harass you, they’re going to harass you. If the mods do nothing about it, that’s on them. Being able to completely ignore them is the best alternative you can get to filtering out all their nonsense so you can get to the meat and potatoes of the conversation.

If someone is following you around, they have personal issues. Do not associate yourself nor worry about anything they say. I assure you that nobody who matters does either. Responding to them only lets them know they’re getting to you and will entice them to do it more. Not responding, they’ll eventually get the hint and go away unless they’re literally have some form of psychosis. If that’s the case, even more reason not to respond. Others will see that you’re not talking to them and draw the proper conclusion.

Ignore isn’t going to negate harassment. The only thing that will do that is if the person is silenced or banned. We all know that the rules here are not handed out evenly or fairly. That being said, if we know that and choose to post here anyway, at least ignore gives us some kind of concession.

Not all the time. I know this for a fact. Witnessed it more than once.

I do not put my faith in robots. I don’t care what that person was trying to feed you in your thread, there may be “human” mods but there are also robots.

3 Likes
  1. Then they shouldn’t have done whatever they did to get put on ignore by that much of the community. That kind of thing doesn’t happen by accident.

2. Every voice matters to Blizzard, I do not care about your voice :laughing:

1 Like

:point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

Man you’re reading my mind today

Yes I am. And wow, such naughty thoughts in there too.

1 Like

Yeah… it’s the whispers… I think… :eyes:

Yes but that’s why we send in tickets too.

Everytime I report a stalker, I also send in the ticket to affirm an action has been taken.

Because on the forums, they have not implemented “tell you if your report has resulted in an action taken”.

Which they should.

1 Like

Or being able to escape the harassment by changing characters. Changing characters on the forums goes both ways.

Individually ignoring characters is not that big of an inconvenience when the person behind them is consistently toxic and deserving of ignoring. Being unable to escape harassment by any means is a much bigger deal.

Less people to ignore if you dismantle alt jumping and add account ignores on the forums.

As someone with nearly 30 years of moderation experience, this one is tough. Most people who want to know that someone they reported got banned is out for vengeance, not justice. Those out for justice just want the issue to stop. Those out for vengeance want to know that they got the other guy banned.

Ignoring them means no reason to have to change characters. Don’t let obsessed stalkers dictate who you post on. If you ignore them, you do not see what they say.

That is not easy. They look up your achievement points and pets and then publicly disclose your alts.

And if you’re using a Classic character, they even analyze the way you speak to discover who you are.

Gnomest precisely has had this problem not long ago. There was this user who disclosed who his alts were and was never actioned.

Funny part about this. I post on a Classic toon because then people have to focus on what I say rather than make up things in my armory to ad hominem their way through the discussion with. If I had a nickel for every time someone claimed they figured out who I was and posted an incorrect person, I could buy you and I lunch… super sized.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, they already implemented for in-game reporting, and should be extended to in-forums.

If someone in-game is telling you that they banned someone, shame on them.

I’m not dismissing your feelings on the matter, I’m only saying that it’s a touchy thing. I prefer justice, many prefer vengeance. People like the idea that they either caused someone an emotional or psychological negative reaction or know that they made it so someone else cannot log in. It’s that feeling of power that motivates bad people.

1 Like

? If you report someone in-game you now get confirmation if an action was taken.

It’s literally in the PTR Notes.

This is all in the other thread which you presumably read before participating in lol