If you're spending more than 6 hours a day grinding instances

Well that’s fair. Thank you for your honesty. Gotta respect that.

5 Likes

I obviously understand the math, you don’t need to explain it to me.

Saying most players don’t achieve this is something that I’ve seen said here but haven’t seen any actual numbers on, so I’m not going to take this as fact one way or the other.

Also saying botters lose more, again, no statistics have been posted. I’m going to count this as not conclusive one way or the other.

I will say removing anyone’s ability to play as they want is a loss. The company has a right to put this policy in, sure, but this still is a loss to me and I can see this pattern continuing in a less-than-beneficial way for all of us.

But can you at least admit that your OP was just awful? It is either ignorant of others or inflammatory:

2 Likes

Hey! He concedes something <3

2 Likes

My initial post was just trolling around really, but that’s sort of par for the course here. Since you’re actually taking this seriously, I’m returning the favor and responding to you seriously.

You can do a /who of any particular instance and see who is inside. There are videos of people doing it. A VERY LARGE PORTION (prior to the ban and the 30-a-day cap) were unguilded mages. I’ve chilled outside ZG a few times ganking and seen the same few 60 mages every time, and I am very confident they are bots because of the way they behave when ganked (they don’t attempt to evade the gank and will get ganked for an hour straight with no change in behavior, whereas of course real people try to avoid the gank and counterplay). They are there every day and every night, again, can confirm with a simple /who Zul Gurub.

And really, this should be intuition. A bot program can run for 24 hours a day. A human cannot. I don’t know that bots always run for 24 hours a day, but they do frequently run for much more than even the most dedicated players will - every single day. By limiting the instance cap to effectively 6 hours of gameplay a day, the bots’ profitability over normal human beings takes a huge hit. That’s why it was done, and I would have thought with the dozens of anti-bot posts on this forum every day, people would have been happy about it, but instead the forums have been plastered with people complaining about not being able to farm more than 30 instances a day.

Hey, you’re able to farm 30 instances a day while raising 2 kids and running your own business? Good for you, no sarcasm intended. But you’re a unicorn. Most people on these forums that are whining about it are missing the mark on either the 30 instances a day, or on real life.

1 Like

I’ll bite.

Take a shower.
Daily, check
Go outside.
Went out today for 5 hours, check
Spend time with your loved ones.
With family, check
Pursue gainful employment.
Benjamin Franklin showers my bank account
Go back to school and further your education.
Have a MS, maybe I can go get a PhD…
Adopt a pet.
Maybe next year
Take up a new hobby.
But…the doapmine from this is BiS
Volunteer at a local charity.
This is not currently possible, these functions are closed in Manhattan
Read a book.
ehh…
Watch a movie.
the hub only
Exercise.
Okay, fine, I need to do this one, but I am gay fat and straight fit
Learn to cook.
Solid.
Clean your home.
it clean
Date.
If only you knew what this tongue can do
And so much more!

I’ll take your list into consideration and figure out how to cut out some dungeons for cut abs, thanks.

For what it’s worth, they say abs are made in the kitchen. 1000 situps a day can’t show the abs if they’re hidden behind too much fat from overeating. Best advice to lose weight is to count calories.

1 Like

Oh but it is still my choice I can chose to no longer pay them money I can chose to stop playing altogether, that is clearly what they want.

Seems a little silly, don’t you think? You can’t play one particular part of the game for more than 6 hours a day, so you’ll not play at all?

2 Likes

Don’t seem silly to me at all, I am not a child I chose my play hours no one else,
Last I checked I live in the USA not communist china, they want to limit my game play I will limit their access to my wallet, Blizzard has spoken But I have the last word, and I still have choices.

I’m glad you admitted to trolling, as that’s EXACTLY what your post was. Thankfully we can now get to a real conversation!

Yes! There has ALWAYS been a problem with bots. And you know what, I never sat around /who people in ZG because I didn’t really care. And I admit that was one thing that never affected me. I have a guild of people that take care of each other for consumables or we farm them ourselves. But I’m not going to say, “this doesn’t affect me so I don’t care” as people do say with this 30 instance cap. I think it DOES need to be stopped. I’ve ALWAYS hated bots. Bots unfortunately have been a part of MMOs forever and they are a terrible part that we shouldn’t accept.

You are so right! Next your argument is that by limiting instance caps the bots will take a hit. But they wont. It just makes total sense. If I was a bot, I would hop realms. The other argument is that Blizzard is using these instance caps to ban people. Maybe they are.

I just think that if that is true, they are doing it in a truly lazy and stupid manner. You could easily /who and see who bots were. And from there, if you had the resources, do you think you could have investigated them and figured out if they were bots or not? Would you have had to have put limits on actual players to do this?

All this aside, whether you think bots or the way people play now is vanilla or not this cap is not in the spirit of vanilla. Period.

Those are my thoughts on it. I’m glad we could have this civil discussion about it.

1 Like

Given the overhead of forming groups, getting the right items together for a specific farm, travel, etc, you actually waste more time doing 6 hours of farming over 6 days than you would doing it all in one day. In fact, your ability to just do it whenever you want and spread out farms over any period of time is indicative of an empty, unproductive schedule. If you don’t have anything else going on in your life, that’s fine, but for others it’d be nice to take their one free weekend, thrown on the LotR extended editions, and knock out several weeks of farming in one go.

1 Like

Best forum reply 2020

2 Likes

Wine, you’re a nice person, but I’m really surprised you couldn’t tell my OP was just a troll. I thought it was obvious.

As for Blizz’s methods of policing the game, I’m going to have to assume they’ve got more data on this than we do. Their resources are limited on how much manual bot-fighting they can do, and they’ve said that the bots are going to be more persistent than Blizz can be - the botters are literally making a living off of botting. A manual solution to an automated problem won’t work, they’ll simply be outgunned. They have to apply automated / programmatic solutions. The 30 a day instance cap is part of that.

I believe the 30 a day instance cap is account-bound, so hopping realms will not work. You’d have to switch accounts. Certainly doable, but certainly cuts into the botters’ profits as accounts are not free.

This is a good point about time wasted. And honestly, I liked classic because I could farm something all at once and not have to have it time gated. I hated later xpacs for the time gating of rep and gear. Time gating is a terrible argument for this instance cap.

I just want you to see these two things. You see how you don’t want to be judged but you’re judging other people?

And btw its not “a day” its “days I can” which I don’t think you should limit people if they want to every day, but definitely not if they can only on some days.

I could tell it was a troll, but it just got to me. Because there are so many people who think what you said, and it needs to stop.

Again, you’re taking my OP way too seriously. It’s an online game. Trash talking is part of it.

1 Like

Oh I almost forgot, just because you said you assumed, they announced in the blue post it’s per realm, not account, so you can absolutely realm hop.

I assumed this was how they were catching them. it’s because they are watching the realm hoppers.

We are all allowed to have our opinions about this. (Oh no, I’m not a coder so how can I have an opinion about this?) Well, everyone else does so why not me too? I think there is a different/better way to catch them than to actually change classic and limit current players. And this is coming from someone who is not a no changes person.

It also seems like based on what I’ve seen on these forums that people here just hate the way other people play, which is a terrible reason to change something. IMO

“FUN DETECTED - MUST SQUASH” - Blizzard 2020

It doesn’t take 6 hours to hit 30 instances. Inform yourself.

1 Like

what a sad, casual experience. In BC I tried to do all the heroics in one day but got tired 20 hours in…

Correct. It does not.