If You're Not With Us, You're Against Us

You’re aware I can choose any character I want to display on the forums, right?

Can you really, truly blame the quick-trigger defensiveness of Classic loyalists ?

They’ve waited 13-15 years for this and they don’t truly know whether or not Blizzard would take posts in the forums seriously, where it would actually change the direction of this retro project. I mean, history says Blizzard doesn’t give two bits what forum posts want (whether backed by a large number or not), but this project seems different. Kaivax has done an excellent job at relaying what we say to the Dev team and responding back.

They’re afraid they could take them seriously, as many posts seem to come across as serious.

Are they truly just trying to ‘humor’ what-ifs? Who would know.

I don’t blame the community for being hostile.

6 Likes

I am aware you want to lie about your “credentials” because you think that makes it ok to troll.

I had a really edgy current event wound up to refute your entire post with. However… :slight_smile:

Among the players addicted to spamming the Classic Forum anyway, the majority want what some would call a Museum.

Classic+ has no consensus at all, and neither do expansions. The people who are still playing in 5-6 years might be serious when they say they want to level alts and do it all over again.

Its too soon™

2 Likes

I like when Anakin Skywalker converted to the dark side he quoted George W. Bush with “If you’re not with us you’re against us.” then executed a room full of children. Using Star Wars to make political points is what I like most about it.

1 Like

I suppose. But if the claim that multiple people have made about Classic being a “museum piece” project holds any truth to it, Blizzard would really have to screw up to make it aggressively different from Vanilla (or at least 1.12).

And a grand total of 13 posts and his ONLY topic created is about changes. Not trolling at all, no sir.

1 Like

It’s actually worse than that. The actual quote is sourced by Jesus: “Whoever is not with Me is against Me , and whoever does not gather with Me scatters” (Matthew 12:30), as well as its contrapositive, “Whoever is not against us is for us " (Luke 9:50; Mark 9:40).”

By adding things that weren’t there, yes.

Actually Blizzard says this project exists until the end of retail WoW regardless of player count. So no, you are wrong on that.

2 Likes

Again with this Blizzard says thing. Can somebody please provide me a source so I can read this?

And he misuses the Bible to troll an internet forum. This guy is professional, I’ll give him that.

I was speaking to the person who made a comment about the origin of the quote used in the title. I feel like the person crying troll really doesn’t want to talk about the topic.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions

8 Likes

Much appreciated. That’s all I wanted.

Because a simple Google search could not already provide the source? :laughing:

2 Likes

There’s another interview, where he directly say it doesn’t matter how many play. Haven’t been able to dig it out yet though.

And yw. :wink:

2 Likes

Burden of proof and all that. I do appreciate the one that provided the source. I hadn’t the time to Google it, as I’ve been defending myself against a person who’s been trying to call me a troll without addressing anything in the body of my post. Apologies.

1 Like

Why Google it when you can troll people into finding it for you?

5 Likes

“I think there will be a lot of tourists,” he adds. “But it doesn’t matter what I think because once we’re committed to doing this at a Blizzard level, which we are, whatever happens is going to happen. If millions of people show up and play for years, that’s awesome. And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way.”

It’s from a pcgamer dot com interview.

6 Likes