If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

I’m not even sure if I’ll be playing Classic, let alone on launch day. Only thing on classic that I’m interested in is the old AV, but having leveled countless characters through vanilla zones, I’m not looking forward to grinding out a level 60 toon again.

Why do you think DK’s started off at 60? Even by Wrath, vanilla leveling was getting old.

11 Likes

Because I know I’m not going to be dedicated to it. I’ll be sticking with retail and being a tourist in Classic.

9 Likes

I’ll do my best to try and play on launch, but the queues and potential starting zone warzones will determine how long I play before I sit back and wait for things to die down a bit.

Like I said in another thread, I don’t suffer from “fear of missing out” so I don’t need to be there for the logjams and bugs.

Classic will still be there when I get around to it.

4 Likes

Launch day madness to make questing in starting zone impossible due to people stealing stuff and lag… and Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

3 Likes

Legion

(10 characters)

4 Likes

Just not interested in it. I can not see the appeal for me. Others yeah i can.

I’ve been here since day 1, but there’s absolutely no nostalgia that would make me go back. I’ve been through a few Everquest progression servers, but even that is getting old pretty fast. Of course I will create a character on the classic servers eventually. But not this week nor next week.

3 Likes

Cause I suspect it will be busy and have long log in queues cause all of the hype. Not to mention I really don’t care all that much about Classic. Don’t get me wrong, Ill probably eventually make a toon just for some nostalgia but I probably wont get them past level ten. I do hope everyone enjoys themselves and has fun though.

Because I’ll be working.

2 Likes

TBH, i’m happy right where i am. I’ve already played it…long ago. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because I’m not a fan of grinding, and from what I’ve heard, it’s worse on classic.

2 Likes

As others have said been there, done that, and got the T shirt. I hope the people who are playing it are happy with it and i do have some names reserved buti might not ever get around to using them.

1 Like

It is interesting to see that a good number of responses boils down to simple “congestion on launch day” or “bad experiences with launch days for games”

And that even though folks are annoyed with many of the excessive Classic Threads they can still be open minded. They can still say “yeah, I’m going to play it to some degree.”

I intend to play it, just most likely not launch day. Several friends are going to be getting it into a few days later for various reasons, so I’ll be waiting for them before I jump in.

2 Likes

I think youre looking way too deep into this. Taking a knock at someones personality because they choose to play Classic is a bit of a stretch dont you think?

2 Likes

Been there done that,

Also the mystery and wonder of the time can’t be replicated.

Especially when WoWhead is putting out six articles a day about the quickest way and the best of everything.

7 Likes

probably because there will be no boars to kill with so many people

5 Likes

I said game… Not expansion, and then I went on to say had they been around for expansion launches… and out of them all they had one that went off without many issues… after how many years??? /slowclap

Of course we’re open minded. It’s the twits making the “Classic will bury Retail!” threads that have their heads rusted shut. It’s perfectly possible to play (and enjoy) more than one game.

11 Likes