If You Want The Ultimate Fresh

Play Hardcore.

The starting zone is always packed with new players because most wont make it to 20.
People are always starting over so you are never running out of seeing people in the world it feels very alive. An Official Hardcore Server in which the only rule is Perma Death would be ideal, but we’ve turned Bloodsail Buccaneers into a Medium population realm on Classic Era.

Currently participating with the HC community requires the addon and adhering to the rules in the addon. You can check the website for HC at classichc dot net.

6 Likes

What happens if the game bugs out and you get killed.

Do you restart then?

Sorry I just couldn’t imagine playing hardcore with a game like this.
I’ve ran into so many problems. Especially respawn bugs. Some things reset instantly and you just die.

Sounds like a headache.

7 Likes

I have played this game since release and can count on 1 hand the number of times a character has died due to game malfunction. Basically staying alive means planning ahead and not making any significant mistakes. It is fun.

11 Likes

Lol. So have you only played like a total of 24 hours?

3 Likes

Lvling in Classic took about 7 days+ played with dying a lot so around 180 hours to 60 and not including what it takes to play cautiously in Hardcore.

The FRESH that everyone wants is entirely opposed to the HC mentality. HC discourages you from playing or group with others in 99% of its gameplay. The large appeal to FRESH is to enjoy the game with others.

Now, I will say i do enjoy HC, but it is very different from what we are wanting from fresh servers.

15 Likes

I respect the honesty.
Most deaths I’ve seen documented in that process are due to lack of situational awareness and not lag/server crash/bugs/etc.

1 Like

need real hc server for it to work. appeals suck and no other player has more power to decide fates.

1 Like

There shouldn’t be a need for appeals.
Death? Delete. The how doesn’t matter.
This, of course, is my opinion and people should certainly play the way they choose.

But it’s part of why I also believe that Blizzard is not the one to create a “hardcore”/ironman style server. They have enough trouble coding for certain features that actually existed in the original release of the game (and its expansions) so I’ve not any confidence that people will be satisfied with the ruleset they would come up with for HC.

ymmv

3 Likes

sounds like cope to me. 99.999% of your deaths were entirely your fault dude

5 Likes

If the death wasn’t your fault there needs to be an appeals process, genius :expressionless:

1 Like

Oh okay so killing a pack of mobs and then instantly respawning back on top of me is my fault. Got it. :joy:

Here is the thing, what you play is beyond the scope of real hardcore. Hardcore means death=delete. The road to rag ruleset is a bunch of dumb restrictions some streamer made up and have nothing to do with real hardcore. The player base who partake in it are a bunch of streamer sheep who will do whatever xyz tells them without question.

I participated in soul of iron and I did not follow all those silly rules. Play how you want but don’t tell people to not play fresh just to jump on your bandwagon. This is an MMO, and the best one to ever do it. Taking away grouping, the ah, etc. is so silly and extra. It only benefits the streamer who regularly plays alone with their viewers.

On SoM the road to rag players were so selfish by slowing down the other players just trying to kill a quest mob, or refusing to help in any world situation. We see you, and thanks but no thanks.

7 Likes

That’s just the ruleset this community uses, ideally the only rule would be Permanent Death and you can play the full game normally. But that would need to be a Blizzard sanctioned Hardcore Server.

I agree, I also do not like the Solo Self Found ruleset of the Hardcore community but I like playing 1 life character. So I follow the ruleset to play with everyone else.

I agree. The only rule should be perma death. The entire game should be played normally.

We NEED a Blizzard sanctioned Hardcore Server

7 Likes

If you have characters on SoM, you can make a new one there, get soul of iron from Ironforge (Undercity for horde), then transfer to classic era. Soul of Iron stays with you on classic era. And you still get the tarnished soul debuff if you die.

SoM servers are locked though so you need to already have characters on SoM.

There needs to be a Hardcore server with no multi-life players though. I think the community has shown that it is big enough to deserve its own Hardcore server.

6 Likes

If that were the only thing that Blizz had to code for - death brings you to the character select screen where your character would be auto-deleted that would be cool with me. My main issue with HC is that some of the rules make it much more of an insular experience to me. If doing that sort of challenge I would want to group with people, be blessed with drive-by heals or buffs as well as other group things but still delete on death. If you chose to be less social that’s cool but you’d still have the mechanism to “keep you honest”.
:wink:

5 Likes

So would I, I want to play the game regularly. I don’t like the current community rules, I only follow them to play with the rest of the HC community.

1 Like

That makes sense.
I get wanting to find your people - it’s why I always roll a few alt characters on RP servers since I dig that groove.

I just wish I trusted the Classic team more when it comes to enhancements to this game. I realize that #nochanges is off the table with them but asking them to arbitrate before deletion for example is extra work that might be difficult to code or supervise. Keeping it simple with the one basic rule for the server would imo have a better shot at acceptance (by Blizz) and implementation.

I wish you guys the best of luck.
If Blizz does this I hope they consider not going overboard and keep the group play in mind even for a HC ruleset server.

1 Like

The Road to Rag ruleset is principally Death=Delete. The other rules are there to eliminate any pay-to-win opportunity. For that purpose it works pretty well. It certainly greatly reduces grouping opportunities. If that is a meaningful obstacle to you, I understand, and Road to Rag isn’t for you. There are a great many WoW players that enjoy solitary leveling and the ruleset is very comfortable to us.