If you want #NoChanges means you want Retail. If you want #SomeChanges means you want Classic to succeed

Thats literally what the kool-aid man does. Thats exactly what the jailer did, thats what Raz, did, thats what the other dragons did. The story of Arthas lasted through RPG and MMO. You get invested, you see his actions, you see his fall, and you see his defeat and then… kool-aid man (jailer) comes in, tears a giant hole in the wall, gets red kool-aid everywhere, ruins the story that should have been over and then they just shatter the kool-aid man and people just end up asking… why?

Its like these writers went and listened to Bad Reboot… I mean Bad Robot, instead of taking creative writing courses. The only thing we really had an investment in was Tyrande hunting down Sylvanas and they didnt even bother with it.

Its objective bad writing.

I’m trying to make sense of this and just can’t.

Of course if you continue releasing past xpacs with no changes you’ll eventually wind up with… DF! But vanilla - WRATH is considered “classic” and nowhere near what current WoW is. Old xpacs with changes don’t deserve the “classic” handle. More like “reforged.”

I mean, it’s not really that complicated…if literally nothing changes as each Classic expansion releases, then yes we will eventually wind up with Retail 2

1 Like

No, you don’t. You wind up with experiencing the game as it was in the past.

A handful of people in this thread envision what Classic will look like in the future and completely ignore the fact that Retail will change during that time as well.

“But in 20 years we’ll be right back at Dragonflight!!!”

Yeah, and Retail will have advanced 20 years, and will look nothing like it does right now. Current Retail will be way in the past.

That would happen anyway cause we’re not getting new content for a classic version of the game.

There is nowhere for WoW to go but where it already is.

You just gotta cut your losses and go “this is the point where I stopped having fun in WoW” and probably quit at that point.

1 Like

More or less. Of course, some people cry out for “Classic+”, but…the devs can barely even keep actual Classic afloat, I’m not sure I trust them to come up with any actually new stuff

The very idea that they’d create 2 unique content and story lines for the same game is stupid as hell.

Best people can hope for is for retail to retain some of the aspects of classic that they like but that ships kinda sailed over and over and over and over :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooga retail bad. Booga classic good.

I want wrath. If that means bad balancing, long raid tiers, and class homogenization, then so be it. We all knew what we were going into when we asked, and I’m sure a ton would do it again. The problem is blizzard making hodgepodge changes like this weirdly tuned ulduar, lack of foresight balancing changes to feral/ret/unholy, and raid gear in heroics that is hurting the game we played and loved. If anything, #somechanges has hurt the integrity of wrath to the point warmane is a better wotlk experience than wrath classic, and that’s saying a lot! It all started with them nerfing drums and seal mirroring in TBC. Sure, cosmetic changes like mounts, pets, gender swap are fine, but leave the core gameplay elements alone!

5 Likes

Guys, didn’t you know that once you hit level 60 in Classic you’re playing Retail? :rofl:

Oh man, these forums are an endless source of amusement.

Nonsense brain in action.

Rant based on flawed premise. Disregarded immediately

If #Somechanges entail Account-wide anything I deeply disagree. This is one of the most retail-y changes ever.

Seems to me, wrath is wrath+, with the changes they already made. This version of wrath, is not " reliving as it was then" experience, a lot of people hoped for… lol.

2 Likes

This is inappropriate, report.
Actually, in retail, you can enjoy huge changes almost every week.

1 Like

That’s the problem .
The objective of classic is “reliving as it was then” experience and most of people hope for.
But the devs has already changed it into another game.

3 Likes

No changes means ppl want Classic WoW to be the way it was back in the day. Changes are ruining it.

4 Likes

Mods restored my post. But nice try flagging it.

And it failed miserably. #NoChanges approach was DOA.
Two weeks into Classic release, threads with change requests were pouring in, as people started to quickly realize that not all 2002 game designs age all that well.

Additionally, just in case you’ve missed the memo, we’ve always been on latest patches. So the whole “relive it” is simply not even feasible.

Running clients on latest build is not any different than giving some specs 5-10% buffs.

This right here shows everything wrong with the OP. You ask each person in this thread and you’ll get a different answer from everyone.

You think YOU know what’s good and bad. But that only applies to you. And look at what Blizz has done to Wrath, clearly they don’t know what’s good and bad. According to me, anyway. And I suppose the fact the game is nothing but raid logging, infested with bots, and gold buyers buying gear in GDKPs.

Also, as I’ve pointed out many times your entire premise is wrong. You don’t get Retail. You get the game as it was in the past. Given authenticity yes, Classic leads to future expansions. Hypothetically even to Dragonflight. And guess what: at that point Dragonflight isn’t Retail. Retail will be 20 years in the future and who knows what that’ll look like. It won’t look like Dragonflight though.

1 Like

Did it though? The iterations with less changes were much more popular than this abomination of WotLK we have now. The current devs have no idea how to make a good game as evident by, well, everything they’ve put out in the past several years…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.