If you think wow is P2W

You should see Lost Ark. You’ll need deep pockets if you want the best in that game.

It’s disgusting.

6 Likes

I don’t understand how people can look at wow and say it’s pay to win to be honest.

11 Likes

I don’t understand why someone would look at the front page of this forum, flooded with “P2W WoW” and “Lost Ark/Wow p2W” threads and think to themselves: “Yeah, I have something new and groundbreaking to add to this conversation. Better make a thread!”

12 Likes

Irrelevant whataboutism. That’s all a lot of people got.

4 Likes

wow is not p2w at all… thats just stupid!

6 Likes

Another one of these threads…

5 Likes

Wdym? I can use money to:

Buy a legendary.

Buy torghast boosts.

Buy mythic raid clear.

Buy aotc.

Buy ksm.

Buy pvp boost to then stomp on infrared players.

Buy any kind of run I want each week for a gear upgrade.

We just can’t outright buy gear and achievements from the shop.

14 Likes

But you can’t buy those from Blizzard, only other players. Real pay to win would be blizzard selling a 259 IQD from the cash shop, which is higher than would be obtainable in game.

5 Likes

Was this thread not good enough for you?

what·​about·​ism | \ ˌ(h)wä-tə-ˈbau̇-ˌti-zəm

, ˌ(h)wə- \

plural whataboutisms

Definition of whataboutism

: the act or practice of responding to an accusation of wrongdoing by claiming that an offense committed by another is similar or worse

3 Likes

If WoW is P2W, everything is P2W. Literally everything.

You know those skits with “Karen Wokerson, Professionally Offended”? That’s what these “hot takes” sound like.

4 Likes

You can buy tokens and buy carries with gold, WoW is super pay2win.

4 Likes

i would buy it lol

It’s a forum, and people like talking… combine the two and you get similar threads about mundane topics.

At least it’s WoW related, so there is that.

Lost Ark is free to play… Wow is not. I expect F2P games to have cutting edge monetization. Wow shouldn’t unless they just want to go F2P…

4 Likes

Yes boosting something that isn’t supported by the game.

The people doing the runs had to learn and master these skills. In turn they are profiting from their skills with another’s skill or resources at raising gold. The buyer isn’t purchasing say, AOTC, they are purchasing a run with skilled people. One cannot simply go to the cash shop and purchase these things. Big difference.

2 Likes

carries people buying tokens to get carries

3 Likes

WoW is P2W, Lost Ark is P2W, a lot of games are P2W when you think about it. But who cares? No one seemed to mind until recently for some reason

2 Likes

Local boosting is still supported, only communities were banned.

WoW is absolutely pay2win.

2 Likes