If you play hunter this season you're trolling, change my mind

Why are specs that have worse damage than Hunters being brought if it’s not utility like you said?

Its 7th when looking at 95th percentile which is a far better way to actually compare the performance of specs. Above us there are 5 classes we’re the 6th class out of 13. So if being the 7th highest spec is so bad why not bring only those top 5 dps classes to your mythic raid and leave the rest out?

That isn’t a serious question and you know it isn’t. You are throwing a red herring instead of actually having a discussion. Your talking points are trash. MM is a mediocre spec with mediocre damage. You don’t justify damage based on a single fight, or even 2. Overall in the current raid, they are lower middle of the pack while the other specs are near the bottom. You keep bringing up MM as a way to avoid having any real discussion about Hunters. If you want to have a real discussion about the current condition of hunters don’t use outliers or single fights.

2 Likes

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/33#dataset=95&metric=bossdps ok how about this one then? The highest hunter spec in damage to bosses for the entire raid is mm sitting at 8th overall for all specs. It puts hunter as the 5th highest class out of 13. I ask again why bring anything below it if we’re so bad damage wise?

Again, you are skewing it and you are addressing a single spec. This isn’t a serious conversation.

How? 95th percentile is a far better statistic than all parses as if you want to judge performances of specs against each other you compare the top end. I chose boss damage as that was my original point. I am addressing a single spec because it is the top spec of hunter as a class and high end players play the best spec of their class on progression.

It isn’t and you know it isn’t. Again, this conversation is going to go nowhere. You have no desire to have a real conversation.

2 Likes

Pot calling the kettle black here. You keep avoiding the main question

“If utility isn’t the problem, what is?”

??? I’m making a valid point what isn’t? You just keep dodging the question and accuse me of not wanting to have a real conversation when I’m providing data and the reasoning for choosing it while u just throw accusations.

I also provided data, you are looking at a single spec in a single class, then taking only the top 95% and excluding all other data to attempt to make an argument that “hunter damage is fine.” Which is a bad argument because it literally ignores anyone but a very select group to justify your statements. But let’s say you are happy with where MM is, are you saying that because MM has a spec in the top 7 in the 95% that the other 2 specs should be ignored? That only MM counts?

I literally said myself that hunter is not in a good spot just that I didn’t agree with you as to why.

The top spec in raid for the class we’re talking about yes,

I’m taking the top performing data because we want to factor out bad players when discussing class performance.

Again why would I want to include poor individual performance when comparing classes and specs.

I’ve never said that again look at my original point. We have a spec that is up there in damage and the class still isn’t bringing brought thats the point. I’m disagreeing with you that damage is the issue because even with mm performing how it is there still isn’t a reason to bring hunter over the other classes. I’ll spell out the answer for you, its utility we don’t bring a mandatory buff so even tho we are the 5th best performing class the reason you bring the classes worse than us is because the bring mandatory raid utility and we don’t.

And I will tell you – it isn’t a mandatory utility that will solve the problem. And you aren’t the 5th best class, you are the 7th best spec there is a huge difference there. You can’t say you are the 5th best class when you aren’t. All 3 rogue specs do better than BM and SV. Both Evoker specs do better. A class isn’t a single spec. As I said this conversation isn’t going to go anywhere. You are laser etched on a single issue.

But please tell me, what utility can you give Hunters that will make them essential to a raid?

You can’t play all 3 specs at once though and like I said the top players play the spec thats best on their class. If MM is above all 3 rogue specs then you’d want to bring a hunter over a rogue except oh wait rogue has atrophic poison so now u bring one over the hunter. We could bring a crit dam/crit chance raid buff like how they brought back motw for druid and now you have a reason to bring hunter.

We could. But are all 3 specs of mage above MM? Yes, so clearly you have room for multiple specs to play and different playstyles should be accommodated for. Hunters need a DPS push and I am 100% in favor of dps homogenization so people can play the style that suits them best. There shouldn’t be a gap of 20 spots from your top dps spec in a class to your next spec. That is the issue, I don’t want to play MM, that doesn’t mean I should be excluded because I don’t enjoy the playstyle.

3 Likes

Personally I don’t think this is good balance wise for the game. There are 13 classes now in wow, surely the top 13 in an ideal world is one spec from each of the 13 classes.

Which means realistically this will be a byproduct. I will say however right now as a hunter if you don’t want to play mm you aren’t bringing damage or utility. If hunter were to have a raid buff if u wanted to play bm you might not be playing the optimal spec but you are bringing something to the raid so there would still be a reason to bring you.

Getting into high keys is impossible. Im 2764 and I get into maybe 1 out of 20 grps, if I’m lucky. People know how bad hunter are and actively avoid bringing hunters. GG blizz

2 Likes

As I stated, there can be no conversation with you. Keep getting carried son.

2 Likes

I made a valid argument and your response is keep getting carried I think you are the one incapable of having a conversation tbh.

You haven’t made a valid argument. Your argument is: Well, we have a spec that is top 7, I enjoy playing that spec, shut up it isn’t our DPS. Except even in the top 95% you are literally only top 7 on 3 fights, top 10 on 5, and bottom 33% on 4 fights. So you still aren’t in a good spot. You are only good against 4 pin cushions and Rashok. On Echo and Sark you are better taking almost anyone else, arguably the 2 most important fights in the entire raid. You have the world divided into – good and bad. You are constantly trolling everyone else when they comment about damage and saying “well, play MM and only the top 95% count” without considering raid comps that produce those top 95% stats. So yes, you being carried has caused you to only judge the game in one way. There isn’t a conversation when you divide the game into that. Not everyone is hardcore, hunter isn’t a single spec, and there is no magic utility that is going to get hunters into raids and there is definitely none that will get them into mythics. You are the least productive person to talk to on the forums because you don’t see what other hunters see. But why stop at top 95%, why not go top 99% where MM hunters are 11th, or top 90% where they are 10th? Why specifically choose the 95%? You know exactly why. You are cherry picking the only percent that makes MM look decent in the raid environment. BTW as of last nights run parses MM slipped down to 9th best spec in the 95% on Boss damage over a two week period and 11th over a one week period. I guess those top players got worse over one night. Next time use Max percentile! That really proves it. This conversation is over, you are on ignore.

4 Likes

damn wait till this guy hears about arcane intellect or battle shout gonna blow their mind.

2 Likes