If you plan on using "upgraded" gear in SL

After playing around with the previous expansion upgrade systems, WoD Essence upgrades and Legion Obliterum do not work after Prepatch. They simply cannot be applied to anything regardless of how its crafted; if you plan on using any of these for future alts, forget it.

They can be applied now and then when prepatch arrives they will retain their upgrades, but will be at fixed levels. WoD upgraded items will be level 35 minimum requirement, Legion will be level 45 after prepatch conversion. If you were to craft them after prepatch comes out, their starting level will be from 11 to 14, depending on the item being crafted with level upgrade modifiers available to go higher.

If you are missing ANY WoD upgrade color appearances, I suggest you craft them now or you may lose obtaining those different color appearances in the future.

Ohh I guess I should get the WoD appearances now huh. Thanks for the heads up!

Did you submit bug reports?

1 Like

I did not. I assume this is intentional so we don’t get around the ilevel 100 cap for crafted gear in previous expansions. It also prevents creating super inflated low level gear with 6/6 Essence or 10/10 Obliterum upgrades. If you would like to submit the bug report, go right ahead.

I will probably still create WoD crafted 6/6 gloves, belt, and boots; they could last quite a while at their higher ilevels even though they’re level 35 after post-squish. I’m a massive hoarder…

:thinking:

Fine… I made another thread in the PTR forum on the concerns about the extra appearances being lost forever. Happy?

1 Like

The “upgraded” appearances still appear on the PTR Appearance Collection, despite the fact that the upgraded appearances will likely be unobtainable in 9.0.1.

Sounds like another “No plans” moment.

There is no way to know what is intended or not on the PTR prepatch because there is a lot of stealth changes and bugs. Can’t distinguish between design intent and bugs without proper updated patch notes. :+1: :100: :fire:

1 Like

I hope they look at that. Even if the “upgrades” only upgrade the appearance and not the item level, it would be nice to still have that around.

2 years later still nothing.

1 Like

I wish I had read this before buying a bunch of obliterum at the action house. Why does WOW do stuff like this?

1 Like