If you own an iPhone

…which is made by slave labor but you feel the need to say you are leaving, we don’t care. You are a hypocrite. Just leave. Also Blizz, you didn’t get in trouble for characters in your game. You got in trouble for the actions of your employees and taking little to no action to get to the bottom of this. Work on that to make things better. Making drastic changes to your game will do little to save you from the spot you are in now.

20 Likes

51 Likes

In Zhengzhou, which is the biggest factory, workers make $3.15 an hour. That’s not so bad over there considering that the per capita cost of living is about $500/month. I wouldn’t call it slave labor.

6 Likes

What if I don’t own an iphone and characters making direct references to people who did horrible things could easily be replaced by generic NPCs instead?

1 Like

And Samsung phones aren’t?

6 Likes

They had to put a fence around the roof of the main factory they are made to stop people from jumping off it because of the work conditions.

6 Likes

It is not whataboutism. It is that you will ignore other horrible things but will virtue signal when it suits you. That is not whataboutism. That is hypocrisy, thanks for playing though.

13 Likes

The only intellectually honest thing to do in this society is to give up your possessions and live 100% off the land. Those who do that already do it for reasons not including the one above. They dont sit at their computer in A/C and virtue signal with conservative viewpoints like you. Get over yourself because your point will forever be moot unless you become one of those people.

5 Likes

Don’t have an iPhone, so nya! lol.

Agreed though about the character mess, far less important than what’s been going on behind the scenes at the company.

Only recently found out that they said Chromie is trans now and i’m like okay and? i’m sure that did appease some people but not me. Once they fix the behind the scenes stuff, then they can work on the in-game stuff, but forced diversity in game instead of having it flow naturally is just cringe.

Then in terms of hiring practices, don’t care much about who they hire regardless of skin color or what’s between their legs etc, as long as they do a good job and aren’t scummy individuals.

It very much is whataboutism. The world is a terrible place run by terrible people who would throw their own mothers under a bus if it got them an advantage. Having realized this a long time ago I can separate the people doing terrible things from the people just trying to get by and continue to enjoy the things I enjoy.

4 Likes

“I want change but not the change I dont want” loool

3 Likes

You can throw away your iphone if you like, that’s your call to make.

1 Like

i own a samsung, am i allowed to be mad?

This is the case for any rational person.

Just because bad things are happening elsewhere doesn’t mean people can’t fight the bad things happening about the things they care about.

I’m sure someone wants to die on the iPhones are built on slavery hill and still supports something that’s harmful to someone else.

It’s simply shocking to me that people on the wow forums care more about wow than iphones…

1 Like

Right… So hypocrite, got it.

2 Likes

They can’t make that call without a phone though…

6 Likes

LOL good one!

2 Likes

Noooo not my precious

I didn’t say don’t fight for things. I am saying be consistent. What Blizz did was royally bad and their response to change the game instead of themselves is equally telling. If you want to leave, I get it but don’t discount all the other bad things that you just accept. Going out on a virtue signal post when you just accept so many other things on the daily.

1 Like