If you hate Vulpera...could be worse, could have lalafell

Gotta be honest, the only vulpera I’ve seen doing that are the parody characters who intentionally made them to annoy folks.
Every race has them, it’s just easier to notice because the internet is already prejudiced against anything anthropomorphic-animal in concept.

1 Like

So, gnomes? we allready have those.

2 Likes

If that was case op would brought up the bunny’s, the Ronso or the cat ff races not lalafell.

They know it’s just an annoying cute race that is joke so they tried to compare it to another short … only proplem is…

Lalafell
Are evil and great characters in ffxiv lore

Funny enough animal races are most popular in ffxiv 2 be played

I mean, fair game, but I’m pretty sure the folks who play the viera or the hrothgar are also - usually - in notably skimpy transmogs (or the FF14 equivalent) and seen “keeping company” mostly with each other.
I know FF14 lacks RP servers, but I’ve been on the internet and seen enough art to know that both those races appeal to a certain crowd.
The same sort of art about the lalafell would get someone put on a watch list, though.

Eh in most non usa business games animal races are beloved by most ppl…

Funny enough most glamor on lalafell look either bad or cool no in between

Also ff14 has rp servers btw belmung,gilgamesh are the 2 biggest

I’ve actually heard the opposite to be true, that the devs cut back on possible beast races because there’s minimal appeal in their core audience - otherwise the Au Ra would look more reptillian, if the concept art is any indication.

As for Balmung and Gilgamesh, they’re unofficial RP servers. They don’t get the neat little ‘RP’ label that WoW gives their own RP servers.

Which is odd for me because when I think america I think Disney and Disney has a LOT and oh god do I mean a LOT of anthro characters.

I think it’s because player wise tbh I dont get myself.

Btw ffxiv avoids beast themed races or did because lore reasons which sucks cuz they bind them to primal like ifirt,titan,leviathan etc

And in ff sadly primal races is like wow adding a faceless race

at least they give gnomes distinctly adult or horribly distorted faces

U know lalafel do as well admittedly some are glamorous but still

I honestly forget they exist in FF the way they walk just doesn’t sit with me.

I would prefer elf gnomes over vulpera.

I still say they should have added Burmecians from FF9 such an underrated race and they aren’t gender locked.

1 Like

Eh if we got a ff9 race I’d prefer the Quina myself

Darn I forgot the Quina FF9 is a buffet of underrated characters and races.

Thanks for putting into perspective Kuwu.

And I’ll never forgive Squeenix for putting Viera in the game but not Bangaa.

More RPG’s need playable rat monsters anyway. Pathfinder’s Ratfolk and Warhammer Fantasy’s Skaven are always a blast.

Plus they tend to have the Forsaken’s chemical weapons shtick, which is a fantastic equalizer. They might be small and annoying, but can’t beat Black Death.

2 Likes

While I never played Warhammer I’ve read the Skaven bio and sheesh those guys are horrifying.

1 Like

Aren’t they just!? <3
Horrible little sewer gremlins.

They’re as fun to bash and slaughter as they are to embrace and play.

1 Like

Honestly yeah.
They are half the reason why I don’t play that MMO.

(Parts of said other half being money, and WoW eating up enough of my time as-is.)