If you got kicked out of the buffet for eating too much

I did and was in super hardcore guild. I never felt i needed to farm that much to keep up as in classic. The 4 nights of raiding was the hardcore part.

They already have weekly raid locks for the same reason as instance locks. I farm mara a few hrs a week and i have plenty of gold for what i need. Alt people are going to be hurt but the gold farmers needed to be throttle. 200g an hr zg is not good for the game. I think they should put a limit to aoe but that is just my opinion.

You will get over it.

pretty crappy buffet if you ask me…

That’s hilarious. I had no idea.

I’m on an rp server, so naturally this HAS to be part of my character’s backstory now.

Ehh very close to going back to SquareEnix MMO’s again. I did it once before because of blizzard pulling nonsense like this, i’ll gladly do it again.

You wanna Donkle me? :slight_smile: HMU

My priest comes from a long line of dwarves. The family name came from a tragic accident involving the family patriarch, far too much barleybrew ale, and a vat of fermenting alterac swiss.

There. It’s canon now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I guess that’s a no then. :frowning:

No they don’t- they have them for completely different reasons. The raid lockout is to time gate gear progression- while this change is not, the only progression this’ll stop is those farming things like SGC, MCP, HoJ and a few other dungeon items that are hard to replace, and there’s no indication gear progression has anything to do with the change.

Then they’ve lied- the reason they’ve given is ‘exploitative and automated behaviour’. If their actual reason is to prevent people from farming gold legitimately then they should have said that. People saying this is to combat people making too much gold are pulling that explanation out of thin air and directly contradicting what Blizz said.

There’s nothing exploitative about boosting or aoe farming- if there was Blizz has other ways to change that, and they’ve been silent for years on boosting/aoe farming despite these both being things as old as Vanilla.

Donkling and arguing over the merits of a crude analogy aside…

…the OP’s point stands. It’s rather unbelievable that you would quit WoW precisely – and only – because you cannot spend more than a third of your day(†) repeating the same dungeon(s) again and again.

I could see if you were already thinking of switching, maybe this could tip you over? Or if you were only pursuing a single rare drop and then planning to leave anyways? But surely this change alone does not merit the great umbrage it finds on these forums.

(†) Not counting at least 6 hrs of sleep.

bro we know u have less then 200g and u cant buy boosts and want to find a 5 man group sorry its not gonna happen go back to retail i hear they got something called lfg just for u

Exactly. They obviously have no problem with boosting given they drop a level boost in for free with every expansion as well as giving you the option to buy it as often as you want. Same reason they adapted the WoW Token to minimize people buying gold outside of the game as well as getting people to dump their gold.

They can surely tweak and adjust instances (you could increase aggro radius and increase the mobs stealth detection) slightly to slow down or curb the ability to solo/skip things if they really wanted to.

1 Like

I mean, those 2 things aren’t as closely related as you may think.

I will most certainly not quit over this change. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s worth stating my mind on the change on the forums, the specific place where we are supposed to leave feedback.

The umbrage is certainly justified. For me, quitting is probably not.

People will quit over anything and have quit over less. I’m pretty sure I’ve met someone who quit over a bug because they thought it was intentional. So it’s not entirely unbelievable that someone would quit over this.

Its funny to say “go back to retail” when you forgot to use your lvl 60 to write the post. :stuck_out_tongue:

And you are partly correct: I do have less than 200g on classic.

But I’m not (yet) your bro, I keep reporting the people who try to sell boosts for real money, and I absolutely hate how LFG/LFR were implemented in a way that harmed server communities.

reporting people for boosting? lmao gtfo here karen

It’s Dahk, actually, and I’m specifically referring to a retail phenomena since you asked me to go back there.

The classic version (trade chat, etc.) is entirely allowed as far as I know.

https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=20765567152

Well it’s not like there’s any other content in the game.

3 Likes

If that’s how they want to play they should be able to. Blizzard needs to stop implementing systems that prevent legitimate players from enjoying the game.