If you don't want this for WoW you are huffing lethal amounts of copium

thanks for sharing!

Looks amazing and I hope WoW can even go further beyond!

(insert Goku SSJ3 Scream)

lol I get it, but Im sure someone will figure out a way to macro it.

Why should you be forced to engage with anything. Why even play the game. Another Numlock andy. You do not want a more fun engaging game. You want an easier game.

I want a fun game. Your ideas are not fun.
Go play elden ring.

3 Likes

as long as it gets me from A to B in a timely fashion i don’t really care for these things.

all that stuff will lose its magic after 2-3 days lol

Dynamic mount systems are too much freaking work, and things to keep track of. I’ve played GW2. The mounts are trash.

One things for sure, as I’ve said elsewhere. DF is WoW’s last chance for me. If I am annoyed in the least by any of it, I’m out. Beta For Azeroth & Shartlands took out 90% of my friends list.

What buttons do you think you are going to need to press to work your mount?

I can’t imagine it will be more than like 4 buttons to control the thing

You are the only person I have ever heard straight up call the mounts in GW2 trash. Post collection.

The only thing i really hope for is that Blizzard allows us to keep and use the custom drakes as normal flying mounts outside the Dragon Isles.

Your idea of a “better” game is not everyone’s.

Who made you the authority?

2 Likes

@ op so not satisified with your post in the other thread you decided to go and spam your exact same posts in a self created thread. classy.

1 Like

I am posting this everywhere I see complaining about the new mounts. I see a much better system than the god awful boring system that is currently in the game, because I play other games, and I know how borderline braindead WoW’s flying has been since we first got it in TBC. It’s so overpowered, and gamebreaking that it has no business being in the game. This system is already an improvement for making the zones feel like zones again. It should be the standard going forward imo.

Se that’s the issue. I only play maybe 2 or 3 other games since 1999. I like WoW for what it is, not what I want it to be.

If other games have features you want, maybe you could have fun in those games and let us have fun in the game that’s already the way we like it?

2 Likes

Because those other games do the thing better than WoW does the thing. This is another case of you think you do but you don’t, except they would be right in this case. The flying in WoW is dog water. Improving it is something they should have done as soon as WOTLK. It’s a shame they didn’t.

We can always dream :grinning:

If they do it right, it will be amazing. If they don’t, it could be a mess. Someone was saying in another thread that Blizzard referred to dragon riding as an “arcadey mini-game.” If that’s true, that’s a bit concerning because GW2’s mount system is nothing at all like an aradey min-game. It’s a very fun system.

But regardless, I’m looking forward to see what Blizzard is doing with it. It might be a ton of fun. I’m hopeful.

Just looking at the footage for a beginner level dragon they showed in the reveal it already looks similar to the Skyscale. I imagine with upgrades it can become zippier. If that dragon they showed was fully upgraded I am willing to concede they made a horrible mistake, but I think that footage is of a beginner level dragon rider. Or perhaps 1/4th of the way to mastered at most. They told us the beginner level riding will give us speeds faster than 310. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Regardless this is still better than the low effort flying we have in the game currently, and if it ends up being as good as GW2’s flying mount it will be a hell of a lot faster to get around than 310 speeds.

1 Like

This same thing has been said of every system they’ve put in this game that started out unpopular in concept, and became even more unpopular after testing and release. Waiting and seeing usually means it ends up still being bad and then takes a year for them to fix.

I really don’t care. I’d much rather fly through a zone than over it. It’s been over 15 years since the laziest form of flying ever introduced to a video game was implemented. It’s time for a change. Adapt.

Flying is a faster form of transportation. It was always lazy in nature. But it’s also more efficient. If you want the challenge, it should be there for you. Everyone should not be forced into it.

Also I played GW 2. It was garbage.

It’s funny that people are getting excited over what’s going to be the new timegating mechanic. There’s a reason that you wont be able to use other flying mounts and that’s because with the new system you barely have the ability to actually fly up into the air without nosediving first. “Please be excited for two months from now when you unlock the ability to fly higher so you can “explore” the next new small section of the zone!”