If you don’t like the gearing system, maybe MMOs aren’t for you

The truth hurts and let’s be real here, Shadowlands has objectively the best gearing system out of any expansion prior.

Gear finally means something again, and the entire concept of MMO is gaining player power and building on top of that which SL does extremely well.

For example, I recently made a Warrior alt and got him to 1800 in RBGs in a single week. I didn’t get carried, had no network of people to play with, I literally just did LFG and helped every team I joined with target calling and I climbed up pretty fast due to how inflated that MMR is.

This not only showed me how the people complaining about the gear system on the forums should maybe read up on their class or get better at the game as opposed to the game being at fault for these players not climbing.

I think this gear system should stay, it doesn’t really need any adjustments, if anything you can make it easier to catch up but other then that I think they knocked it out of the park on this one.

16 Likes

I’ve received 4 belts in a row from my weekly chest. All the same IL.

The gearing system isn’t all that my friend.

11 Likes

“If you don’t like the newest iteration of a 15 year old video game than the entire MMO genre isn’t for you.”

Okay, dude.

54 Likes

How is that the gearing system fault? Seems to me like you just had bad RNG which is normal lol

1 Like

the game caters to people who play 5+ hours a day. sorry about your job and family irl but if you aren’t willing to lose relationships for a pretend rating i dont know what to tell you.

7 Likes

This isn’t true lol, there’s many family men who I know that hit high ratings and enjoy the season. How is it the games fault for you not be able to climb?

Not really true… onlytime I’ll EVER agree with this druid. My friend works 50ish hours a week and has 3 toons at duelist level in arenas.

The real backlash is that people simply don’t want to do rated content. They make that choice, but they very well could.

If you don’t do rated content, why do you need 226 iLevel? You can use dungeon blues and still do world quests, so I don’t see the issue with the casual audience.

1 Like

It’s the casual random BGers who want the same gear as rated players. Almost every gear disparity thread is typically from players who don’t do rated content but want rated quality gear from doing random BGs.[quote=“Inemia-wyrmrest-accord, post:11, topic:925945”]
what classes/specs?
[/quote]

Disc/Hpal/rdruid

what classes/specs?

he has a disc/hpal/rdruid

1 Like

See and this is my problem with the casual crowd, if you’re not even going to try to participate in rated content then you quite frankly don’t deserve rated gear.

This is the equivalent of someone running M0 only wanting M15 loot simply because they’re running the same dungeon, like what?

1 Like

this wasn’t a problem last season when we had scaling and rated players were not encouraged by the gearing system to pugstomp and gy farm unrated players.

ilvl for rating is a dumb design done by someone who never played any sports. if wow wants to be a esport, then it should look at sports in general. nearly every competition either has some sort of classing system or regulations to limit gaps. in automotive racing they do both, you get classed with other cars like yours and you are regulated on what mods and power you can make. the formula in formula one is seeing how the teams work around the regulations and limitations, not to throw them away and reward the fastest car and driver with more go fast parts.

11 Likes

If you give something to people for years, then take it away, people are going to be angry.
You cannot defend SL gearing system. It’s awful.
The only people who got what they wanted were rated PvPers. everyone else got screwed.

20 Likes

You can defend it because people begged for scaling to be removed. During BFA all you saw was REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE, and MAKE GEAR MATTER AGAIN.

Now that it does, the community just finds another thing to complain about. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This isn’t last season or any season prior :man_shrugging:

Times change and so do systems, and our current system is imo something rewards time spent and effort spent over just showing up and expecting participation trophies.

conquest earned is still earned, in fact earning it in unrated takes far more effort and playtime. you try grinding out conquest at 15 a game with games going up to an hour.

3 Likes

BS. The complaints were.
PvP has no choice. Titan forge makes me chase the BiS, Scaling is unfun.

That does not equal Create a gear drought.

Way better than BFA where you had to PVE for stuff. Now at least you can get BIS for PVP from PVP.

Why would I try this? I did RBGs for a week and hit 1800 with no teams or contacts on that server, purely playing LFG, entering voiced lobbies and working with them to score wins. Each win is 100 CP and my alt is almost ready to be 210+ next week with all the upgrades i’ve gotten this week.

The gearing is incredibly easy imo