If you don’t have 2/4 piece by Tuesday

It will. 278 will be mythic by default.

I feel like this thread has gotten a little off the rails.

Whether you want to consider all pieces of the mog, tier or not… the fact remains that only 5 pieces give the bonus. Pretty sure most people will be using the catalsyt for said bonus (at least early on).

So it is definitely counter-intuitive to provide people with the ability to create non-tier bonus granting pieces from the get-go. This is bad design.

Just like allowing the crafting of R4 base legendaries when it would take over a month before players would have enough currency to actually make one via runecarver.

Bad design is bad design.

We can agree to disagree whether or not this is a “big deal”.

I don’t this is a big deal, but I do absolutely agree that this is bad design.

1 Like

They told everyone that the set bonuses only come on those 5 pieces. I dont think you should hand hold everyone. If people fail after being told what items give the set bonus, thats on them. The first time anyone complains on the forums of not getting the set bonus on the boots you will have a bunch of people linking the information provided by Blizzard.

Its not bad design at all. There might be people that want to swap over the items they got from the raid because they havent gotten the items for the look yet they already have the 4pc. Or the item might have better stats on it for them.

Just allowing certain people to really have access to it for 4 weeks is bad design.

Transmog. The T# Warlock set - The T#Leather set. It’s the transmog.

Tier are only the pieces within the transmog set that give the bonuses.

Multiple other people have already said this.

T# was used before transmog was a thing. Sorry, but it means tier.

Especially when they’re naming these new pieces the same as the tier pieces.

I can easily see a lot of people seeing that and thinking they’re all part of the same system.

1 Like

Where? Not everyone is an mmo-champ/wowhead reader.

Not everyone has been playing for over a decade an inherently know what slots grant bonuses.

If you started in BFA this is the first time you are seeing tier. If you haven’t played since TBC/Sunwell then there were off-tier bonus granting pieces.

Point is you can’t assume people will know what the deal is.

3 Likes

Some people just like to troll for trollings sake I suppose.

I don’t know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread or not. I cba to read ~300 posts complaining about tier.

If you have zero (0) pcs on tuesday, don’t waste the charge. They stack and don’t get wasted. Incase you craft lets say the chest and one drops from raid or the following weeks vault.

Basically only use charges if it means getting 2 or 4 pc.

I believe it lets you preview. If you don’t look at what you get, you probably deserve what you get.

We’ve reached the point in the comedy routine where the exasperated straight man gives a long hard look to the audience and the crowd erupts in laughter.

The problem is that when you look - you’ll see a piece of gear titled like the 5 current tier pieces.

Very easy to assume that it would feed into the tier system.

They should seriously add a example gear to not mess people up

They definitely should change a few things.

But overall I think the fact they’re letting the catalyst work on all those slots is cool. I really thought it would only be used for the 5 tier pieces.

Having more choices for 2nd stats is nice.

They are misunderstanding the difference between a raid tier, and a tier set I believe.

As far as they are concerned BfA had “tier sets” because they had raid tiers with set transmog aesthetics.

1 Like

I’m sorry friend, but it sound like you accidentally made a mistake and now are trying to double down on it.

Noone in the history of WoW has called https://www.wowhead.com/item=28654/malefic-girdle T4, or “Voidheart Raiment”.

Tier sets have always been known as the sets that share a name, typically with in game set bonuses.
The only reason they are called tier is to disassociate them from other in game item sets such as “Stormshroud Armour”, as it links them to the raid tier they are associated with.

1 Like

You have got to be trolling. Blizzard said it on these forums, its even linked to in this thread in the first post.

Scroll over the item, it shows you what the item is like you do with everything else to compare gear. If you are just going off the name you deserve to lose charges.

Look at you using tier in 2 different ways yet you are saying I made the mistake. T# refers to the raid tier. When people say T10 2/4pc is when they talk about set bonuses.

If you have been using the term wrong thats on you, but the people I have played with, as well as others who wanted set bonuses back, said set bonus and not tier.

And yes, BFA had tiers and they designed gear for that tier. SL had tiers as well prior to 9.2 and each raid/ilvl had its corresponding number. Battle of Dazar’alor was T23. It corresponds with the raid.

I can see that. But even then, people refer to a raid tier by the raid instance name, not the number. Who the heck can remember every # that corresponds to the respective raid?

That’s also why the Blizzard UI labels the transmog set with the name of the aesthetic and the raid instance. They don’t use “tier” anywhere.

Tier gear is the stuff that makes up the bonus - multiple people in this thread alone have commented on this.

This will be the first time that tier gear, that all have the same naming convention, won’t all contribute to the bonus.

Can you share an in-game screenshot where the transmog set is called tier?

I can’t find it anywhere.

Correct. I tried to point this out earlier in the thread.