If you don’t have 2/4 piece by Tuesday

But why have it available for pieces that won’t award the bonus…like now I’m honestly confused.

Transmog.

2 Likes

Also keep in mind that sandworn gear will also be an alterative to convert to tier sets.

1 Like

I’ve been hoarding my relics for a couple of weeks now. Looks like it might finally pay off.

1 Like

don’t you mean… tiers?
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Why can you use the creation catalyst on items that aren’t tier? What is the benefit of doing so?

Transmog. Not really a foreign concept around here. Tier set bonuses come and go. Transmog is forever. Or until the server shut down.

3 Likes

So you can complete the transmog for the raid tier?

Oh I didn’t know it changed the items appearance! Pretty cool. I thought it would give them a socket or something.

1 Like

if the 246 sandworn stuff makes normal “tier” pieces i’m converting ALL of it eventually on my druid. that is a nice set.

2 Likes

I think 246 is the ceiling for LFR drops, so it will probably turn into LFR tier as far as appearances go.

I am wondering if it will just keep it’s 246 ilvl. Just like how when you convert mythic+ or PvP gear, it keeps it’s current ilvl.

Q: When creating tier set items with the Creation Catalyst, what is the item level of the tier piece after the process is complete? Is it the same item level as the base piece given to the Creation Catalyst or are there item level ranges that snap to LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic item levels for tier?
A: The resulting item will have the same item level of the item that you put into the catalyst. It also keeps Mythic/PvP upgrade paths, tertiary stats (leech, speed, etc.), and sockets.

This is a section from their FAQ I saw posted on Wowhead. Probably visible in the link provided by the OP too, but I just went back to where I saw it first. lol

A lot of us already knew that it would only turn the tier related items into actual tier and non tier items like wrist, waist and boots would be converted into the non tier items of the set . Also most guides are saying to use the non tier slots for legendaries if at all possible,.

I think most people haven’t checked tier sets for all previous expansions.

2 Likes

Who in their right mind would use a charge for transmog when you can just farm it?

Most will probably wait until after they get the 4 set to do the non tier items .

Maybe I’m still not understanding but if you have 4 pc why would you do the off pieces. Like wouldn’t you find a main tier slot with the stats you want to convert?

Once again…transmog. Farming it can be a pain. LFR sets will be nearly impossible to farm for a long time once the expansion is over.

TO get the transmog set complete .

Also it lessens the rng of getting the remaining non tier items … I have incomplete sete from old raids because of rng . This actually makes it so you can get the complete set during the expansion .

1 Like