If you don’t have 2/4 piece by Tuesday

I think others are saying that there is now going to be a tier gear set greater than the 5 existing pieces, but not all of those pieces actually give the bonus.

This is the first time I think this would happen

Then why is blizzard calling them tier and why are they giving the created pieces the names of the existing tier?

It would have been simpler to have the created items just be all the existing raid gear that, as you referenced, contributes to the transmog.

1 Like

But thats not the case and has never been the case when it comes to set bonuses.

Why is blizzard calling what tier?

The boots, waist, wrists and cloak.

I agree, that’s never been the case. But it will next week.

Because there is a tier set for the look?

But there are already pieces that have that transmog. These pieces exist in the loot tables on live right now.

Why create new pieces, call them tier, and name them tier?

Item Converted Resulting Item
Helm Theurgic Starspeaker’s Howl
Shoulders Theurgic Starspeaker’s Adornment
Cloak Theurgic Starspeaker’s Shawl
Chest Theurgic Starspeaker’s Ringmail
Bracers Theurgic Starspeaker’s Bracers
Gloves Theurgic Starspeaker’s Runebindings
Belt Theurgic Starspeaker’s Belt
Pants Theurgic Starspeaker’s Tassets
Boots Theurgic Starspeaker’s Sabatons
1 Like

Because they arent giving you raid gear aside from the pieces that give you the set bonus.

Above is the source of the confusion. Why would they go through the trouble of creating and labeling new items when they didn’t need to to accomplish what you state?

The simple answer is that it’s because they ARE somehow tied to the bonuses.

I personally don’t think “tier” should be called tier unless it is part of the system.

I interpret tier as the 5 pieces current pieces. I have since 9.2 started, and if the new pieces don’t contribute to the system, I won’t call them tier.

Why blizzard figured it was worth the work of doing this is beyond me if they never intended the pieces to work with the power system.

Ok. Go ahead and make some bracers tuesday and see if they contribute to the set bonus and get back to us.

But if they did, it would accomplish the goal of the transmog set. There’d be no need to create these new pieces.

Why should you get raid gear if you arent raiding?

Also, I just went to the PTR to test this stuff.

Boots, give no tier set bonus like Blizzard said.
Bracers give no tier set bonus like Blizzard said.
Chest does give the tier set bonus just like Blizzard said.
Gloves give tier set bonus just like Blizzard said.
Shoulders give tier set bonus just like Blizzard said.

Again I dont know why you guys are confused.

Do you think M+ players shouldnt be able to get the tier look? I dont, but its a perk to the system if they want to do it without going into the raid.

It has the name… so what?

I dont know why you guys are making this more complicated than it is.

It has what name?

The ilvl stays the same as the piece that goes in. If you’re getting the same stats and the same xmog that you get from raid, then there’s no difference.

I think you’re wrong.

I’ve seen screen shots of those items and they’re tagged as tier items. They wouldn’t make these tier items if they didn’t work with the system.

I think what the blue post implies is that the set bonuses will work the way the 9.1 system worked where you just need 1 of pieces with the bonus wording to trigger activating it.

The stats arent the same.

For instance, the boots for DK Greaves of the First Eidolon

73 crit
41 haste

The boots from the raid with the same look which are the Song-Mad Sabatons

34 vers
79 mastery.

Its really so people can complete the look that arent raiding.

Nope, your wrong.

Anything other than the helm, shoulders, chest, gloves or legs do not contribute to the tier set bonus.

I would then also say it’s to give people a little more agency over their secondary stat distribution.

Especially for those of us who enjoy playing multiple specs.