If you don’t have 2/4 piece by Tuesday

You don’t get the ones from the raid. You get entirely new pieces. They have entirely different stats than any piece from the raid and have an entirely different name - a name that matches the chest/legs/head/gloves/shoulder pieces.

That’s why it can be confusing to people.

If you created the generic non tier pieces from the raid tables, I don’t think this would be an issue. But they’re literally new pieces all together with tier set names.

Just irritated that every vault 2 or 3 15+ slots every week since the patch not a single tier or main armor peice to convert.

Literally been rings, belts, necks, braces boots or cloaks and maybe 1 weapon.

Like come on…

I thought this was going to be one of those “you are bad and should feel bad, get carried scrub” posts that make no sense but was happy to see it is actually helpful.

2 Likes

That is not true, the cloak, bracers, belt and boots have the tier name on the items but they dont give the bonuses.

Shot caller!

1 Like

Class based tier sets did go away. But there were absolutely tier sets created for that tier.

Every tier there has been an accompanying set right?

-Soulforged Dreadplate
-Grand Sentinel’s Greatplate
-Cosmic Aberration’s Plate
-Naga Lord’s Warplate
-Gravelord’s Direplate
-Eternal Curator’s Protectorate

All of those were gear sets created for a tier of raiding. Aka a tier set.

People here have been saying tier = set bonus. Thats why I brought up covenant gear because it has a set bonus. By their definition that would be tier since it has a set bonus.

Why I am so stuck on it is because people like you confuse people by not giving proper information to others so when Blizzard says something like

you confuse people. And then you get people expecting any piece of gear to contribute to the set bonus because its “tier”… yet thats not how any of it is being used if you went to school at all.

I know english is hard. You will get a handle on it one way.

I sadly saw this too late. RIP us non read good people.

Can’t believe they made an entire feature like this just for mogs

I mean, I’m going to stop you there, because it absolutely is. There are no “Voidheart Bracers”, “Voidheart Girdle” etc.

Pretty sure I already explained that. That is why tier sets are referred to as such, it distinguishes them as a gear set that comes from that tier of raiding.
Not a crafting, dungeon, campaign set etc.

Malefic Girdle isn’t Warlock tier 4, nor is it Voidheart gear. It’s accessible to all classes, it simply shares the skin with Voidheart Raiment.
That is the same with all “off-piece” items from raids.

Plus, if we really want to go there, the off-set pieces of “tier” that the creation catalyst creates are 100% unobtainable from the raid tier.

1 Like

So what? They still designed the entire set.

Duh. Thats why its called a tier set. Then there is the set bonus within that tier set.

Which since WoW’s conception has exclusively had a set bonus.

There is no “within” lol.
The set has always had the set bonus on every piece. Period.

Also I noticed how you didn’t address the fact that this so called “tier gear” does not exist or is obtainable from the current raid tier.

It’s almost like all gear that is typically part of a set, all have the same naming convention.
The off pieces you are talking about have never followed that convention, because that is what they are “off pieces” ie not set pieces.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt before by saying that you and your group must have simply had a different view of it to most, but now you are just being obtuse.

Needless to say, enough people have been confused about it to determine it was poorly designed and unintuitive. It is impossible to deny that without calling them all liars and claiming they knew how the system worked.

Clearly you and your gigabrain chad meisters are just on a whole different level to the rest of the playerbase.

1 Like

I mean, they did. It’s literally right there in the tooltip.

Which, when you consider all you have to do to be a gigabrain chad is to look at the tooltip before you commit, is a seriously embarrassing statement about the wow community.

This aged well kek

“The chest I put in showed the bonuses and the boots didn’t… so i crafted the boots and thry don’t have set bonus!!! Da greedy blizzurd timegatey meanies”

It is obtainable from the current raid tier. If you want mythic tier gear, you need a mythic base from the raid.

Again, how did blizzard use these terms?

Tier set = set designed for that tier
Set bonus = set bonus.

I never said anything about off pieces, YOU did. You want to call them off pieces because you dont want to separate tier gear from set bonuses.

There is 0 reason anyone should be confused by this system. It just shows how dumb the playerbase is. You could have either read the blue post, and if you didnt, you hover over what your item is going to convert to, a basic to any mmo ever so you know exactly what you are getting.

If you do none of these then you are deserving of what you get. I swapped a chest piece… do you know why? Not only did I read what the hell the blue post said, I know that the set bonuses were only ever created this tier on the 5 main item slots. I knew Blizzard was referring to the tier set as the whole. Whenever they show you a new tier set, its not just helm, gloves, shoulders, chest and legs is it? No, it shows everything and they label it as such. They did this prior to transmog ever existing.

Learn to convey what you are trying to say without giving a word 75 different meanings which confuses people for some reason even they it was spelled out in blue letters.

Since many people have already failed having the straight out text in bold would have been more helpful.

I wish there was no charges. I could be farming transmog rn -.-

1 Like

To be honest I think a good portion of it has been trolls going “See we told you so”

Since so many people have failed to read the tooltip, what makes you think theyll read a text box?

And what’s you’re suggestion for when people inevitably fail to pay attention to the tooltip and the text box?

Text would be more obvious, but yes even some would fail that too.