If you could which villian faction would you join?

I think one thing people are discounting about pirates.
Everyone loves to click on a treasure chest.

3 Likes

Naga, one day my dream will come true.

Loved them since WC3 TFT

2 Likes

That is very unlikely. They’d be more likely to recruit the Horde. Orcs have as much reason to fight the Legion as any race other than possibly draenei. Blood elves too. And maybe if they included gobbo tech, their space ships could do more than blow up a wall.

Also, they have literally no reason to focus on some petty squabble with the Horde. They’re not as small-minded as y’all might want.

1 Like

I would join Fandral so damn quick. Y’all don’t even know.

The Iron Horde, I guess, so we could maybe see them working against and then alongside the Horde/Alliance once Gul’dan takes over rather than it being a heel turn from “We will crush you” to “I have a trophy to carve”.

Grommash suddenly singing our praises to Gul’dan felt really, really weird. If we had some build-up to the Iron Horde loyal to Grommash’s cause going, “We were deceived and we want to make this right the only way we know how: by killing demons”, that’d have been much more than what we got.

To tell the truth I think an army of cultists brainwashed by the light probably has a fairly limited outlook on most things.

Plus I’m going with the Drust. They were pretty groovy.

The Lightbound? Sure.

But the Lightforged Draenei work in the Alliance who have peoples they’ve never seen practicing strange religions (to them), most of which have some shadowy aspect to them (i.e. Night Elves, Dark Irons), and also work alongside Void Elves who are very obviously tainted by the antithesis to the Light.

People like to pretend they’re close-minded zealots but they don’t seem to try to convert anyone, forcibly or otherwise.

2 Likes

They haven’t really iterated much on the bizarre collective that now makes up the alliance. Xera forbade the study of the void so I don’t really now how that can sit with them. Just feels blinkered to me.

The Dark Horde could also be neat, playing as a ruthless army.

Perhaps even a Fel / Hell Horde BC style, but not too sure if it’s a faction of only Orcs. Still cool as villains in their own way.

• The Empyrean Society of Exotic Magical Arts — a group founded in Azsuna that studies all magical arts regardless of source, including the “dark arts.” They are considered a dangerous enemy by the close-minded mages of the Kirin Tor for studying the fel, but this gnome warlock sees nothing wrong with that! I would like to see them recruit students of shadow, necromantic, and decay magic as well.
  • The Axis of Awful — an alliance of troggs, kobolds, gnolls, and murlocs that formed in Loch Modan. Mostly I just feel bad for these races due to how much we exterminate whole tribes of them for being inconvenient. The vermin should be invited to this group, too.
4 Likes

Twilight Hammer. Sexy times and cults usually go hand in hand.

1 Like

The Scourge, hands down. That sequence in the Death Knight storyline where you blow up the Scarlets then blight the earth is one of my favorite questlines in WoW.

1 Like

The Defias easily.

Same. I would 100% join Arthas lol

2 Likes

Back in the day of Edwin VanCleef I would had sided with ‘The Defias Brotherhood’ - Because their cause actually WAS righteous. They were essentially fighting for fair-work compensation against the rich-nobles and more proper acknowledgement.

Now? I’d have to say my side is with my girl Xal’Atath and Azshara. Whether they’re with the Void Lords or both went rogue (Hoping) for their own glorious kingdoms in the cosmos ~ we’ll be sipping starry-cocktails :star: :sunglasses: :tropical_drink: :star:

"It’s me, ya boi! Helped remove the Legion from the space-realestate, and convinced the other mortals to have N’Zoth holding that seal on you both removed from your worries. Now, lets get the Ethereals summoned and get this party started! :wink: "

2 Likes

arthas’s scourge because duh im a dk but second would be the defias brotherhood vancleef was a bad to the bone

1 Like

Have you looked at the stonework in Stormwind? I’d say they received exactly the level of credit they were due.

Most (but not all) of my elves are secretly or openly working on behalf of Team Satyr.

They rebuilt it from rubble, I’d say to cut them some slack - the nobles, being greedy as they are though agreed with Lady Onyxia so they could keep their money and instead of cutting them slack, decided to cut them down. :frowning:

Fair Work Compensation has only really been seen in more depth within the Vulpera recruitment questline lol.

3 Likes

And none of the nobility who were responsible for going along with Onyxia’s schemes had to deal with any consequences whatsoever. Shame.

3 Likes