If you could which villian faction would you join?

There have been many bad guy groups over the years trying to do various bad stuff that we have to stop from doing bad things like resurrecting ancient evils to destroying established places or other forms of vengeance. But what if we had the chance to join them instead which bad guy faction that is against the player character would you want to join? Or see content from their prespective of

(note I don’t want this to become a debate on horde vs alliance thread calling each other bad guys so for discussion they are excluded)

4 Likes

Well the Nathrezim certainly are enigmatic and interesting. It appears we are getting some more lore about them. I can imagine being involved in their various schemes and watching them play out could be neat. Especially since they are still active in a big way, unlike most of the villains we have faced and defeated.

The Drust would be a close second. The Ethereals from BC would be third - not so much the Void touched ones from Legion or the Shadowlands Brokers, but the original ones we ran into.

I’m already on the bad gu-

Oh. Right. Ahem.

Syndicate. I wanna be in the criminal organization that gets overlooked all the time.

8 Likes

The San’layn first for obvious reasons.
2nd choice would be Demons, but not the Legion, since I highly value my independence, individuality, and free will. If I die, I just return to the Twisting Nether, and start over again, plus I’m not on the Illidari’s bad side either, so there is room for error so to speak.
I don’t know enough about the Dreadlord/Nathrezim species, otherwise I would give that a look.

Scourge for life, aka Arthas lich king scourge.

This, but seriously. I really dug Bolvar’s scourge before he digivolved back into an Alliance character.

Venture Co. but only because I want to see what they’re like. These guys employ all sorts of enemy races, they’re hostile to both factions, who do they sell to? Where do employees live? Their existence implies an entirely alternate economy to the ones we see on the factions, but they’re never more than Captain Planet villains for the most part.

2 Likes

The Venture Co. specializes in resource extraction - oil, ore, lumber, etc. I always figured they sent it all back to Undermine. Some of it would be used there, while the rest would be shipped out to… everyone. Commodities like that don’t often prompt questions about their source. The Horde and Alliance have both probably bought tons of material that was illegally harvested by Venture.

As for me, I’m tempted to say the TBC-era Illidari, though maybe that’s unfair - we got an entire book on their perspective, after all.

4 Likes

Defias Brotherhood

4 Likes

Well, it’s considerably less fun if you take away my option to be one of the ones that skate by with no consequences for my actions.

I dunno, I suppose the Botani. Assuming in this hypothetical that I could be a natural-born Botani, and not a humanoid of another race conscripted into being a spore incubator.

Or, possibly, the Drust. Death’s not really my thing, but the wicker stuff is cool.

Maaaaybe Druids of the Flame. Leyara brought up some valid points about the Horde and Malfurion, and got a solid hit in on Hamuul. Fire is kind of not really my aesthetic anymore, though.

Hey now, none of that.

11 Likes

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/05/37/5e/05375e6190bfbdf75bdc822f7fbaf54d.gif

Gale, we already have an entire thread that got turned into a post about how evil the Horde is. And it hasn’t even hit 2k yet. Keep focused on the important things. Use salt when it benefits us all the most.

11 Likes

I did. I gave three other replies to the overarching topic, apart from my quip.

I do have to try and catch up on that one on my lunch. Y’all certainly were busy today.

1 Like

Do they have healthcare? Does it include dental? What about stock options? Scholarship fund for the kiddies?

sethrak, i wish to become snek

4 Likes

I’d want the least chance of dying, so I’d probably join the naga. Bonus points if it’s post N’Zoth defeat so I don’t have to betentacle myself.

The Amani. They are not villains thought.

The Syndicate and Alterac could have ben interesting to explore more.

3 Likes

Void Lords.

Horrors from beyond the stars is some cool stuff.

2 Likes

horde
10 char