If you could take any franchise and make a WoW style MMO?

Maneater.

…The video game industry need more games where you play as a semi-land mutant shark, eating people and tail smacking turtles into boats. :shark:

1 Like

Well since I wouldn’t play it since the only MMO I’ll ever really play is wow I’d make a Fortnite MMO because I think that’d bring in the most money.

OR a minecraft MMO

whatever is popular I think people would buy :slight_smile:

diablo

fallout

the division

You forgot Spelljammer :blush:

Avatar, not the kiddy cartoon one, the one with the Na’vi.

Terminator.

World of Starcraft.

Vampire the Masquerade/Werewolf the Apocalypse, can’t really have one without the other in that.

I believe the OP mentioned Battletech, but there’s already MWO, even though it’s not very good.

TBH though, the MMORPG genre is losing popularity, so I doubt a new one would be successful.

Semper Fi! :us:

Robotech Macross Saga?

Thundercats
Gremlins
Ghostbusters

1 Like

This would be great.

Also, Elfquest.

Megaman battle network

I think the Fallout series offers a lot of potential there, honestly. It has plenty of factions, quite a bit of land diversity (for a post-apocalyptic world anyway), and many different “races” (super mutants, ghouls, synths, etc.) they could work with. I think the biggest hurdle there would be DLC and expanding on the world post-launch. They’ve never gone anywhere but the States and have hardly elaborated on the state of the rest of the world, so I wouldn’t see it happening. Still neat to think about.

Dragon Age. Fascinatingly huge world of which we’ve only seen portions in the RPGs, tons of lore, decently written background and mythology, plenty of room to expand further upon these templates. They could make it between blights and make an expac that involves a blight arriving then go back to being between blights. Honestly I feel so sad knowing EA owns this property and is just going to ruin it with whatever they release next which will probably be a third the content of DA:I with tons of microtransactions or maker forbid a game focused on multiplayer with lootboxes.

The ones I think that would work.

Grand theft auto after years of no pixel.

Pokémon yes it would work

pokemon go, pokemon snap: different dedicated playstyles, go is more focused on pvp and direct action while snap is more of a world where you simply explore, more passive.

marvel avengers
rurouni kenshin, inuyasha, bleach
maybe a combined shonen jump universe, where we get different realms dedicated to certain “worlds” yet they all interact in some way. (different time periods so there would have to be a jumping around sort of thing)

Back in the 1980s there was a very early game based on McCaffrey’s Pern novels. I think an argument could be made that if it was developed right, it could be a very entertaining MMO with lots of scope for different roles (not just dragonriders but harpers, holders, etc) along with a complex crafting system and the ever-present threat of Threadfall. Not to mention the various ‘factions’ (Holds and Weyrs).

1 Like

Warhammer 40k or battle tech.

Though with the popularity of warhamner fantasy it might be viable to retry that