If you could take any franchise and make a WoW style MMO?

What would it be? I would love to see a (real) Battletech MMO in the visual style of WoW. Complete with customizable mechs (obviously) and a mechwarrior aspect when you’re outside the mech.

Players would choose to represent the various houses like we choose races in WoW… Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League, and Lyran Alliance.

MMO’s seem to be a dying breed, I think fresh ideas on established franchises could bring them back.

Yours?

5 Likes

Starcraft MMO

12 Likes

Any? And like can I make it as big as I want it? Like you can go to multiple spots to level and explore?

Star Wars: Clone Wars Era.

Republic could have Jedis. CIS get awesome Night Sister Assassins, and Droid Commanders.

3 Likes

Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I’d love to explore the beautiful world of Gamindustri.

https://i.imgur.com/yC6HDBg.png

4 Likes

I feel Star Wars is just begging to be done properly, there arguably hasn’t been a decent one since SWG.

6 Likes

Everything Star Wars is begging to be done. Thank God they’re letting Filloni take the franchise over with Feigie filling the EP slot.

3 Likes

Garfield.

Imagine making your own cat or dog avatar and roaming around John’s house eating food!

8 Likes

Dragon Age Origins

The time would be either the Third or Fifth Blight.

Nermal end boss?

6 Likes

Honestly, AvatarTLA/TLoK. Dear gods, please.

Second choice is… TRON: Legacy, simply because I love that aesthetic.

4 Likes

Monday is the end boss. Dude do you even Garfield?

2 Likes

Ah come on, he’s hates Nermal too.

1 Like

Selfishly, my homebrew RPG’s campaign world.

( although my fantasies tend to be more about the abstract mathematical foundations of a world/simulation than the skin of IP overtop )

2 Likes

I don’t watch cartoons much these days but having my niece and nephew over I have been using them as an excuse to watch some of the things I used to, and to introduce them to good stuff. Solid show with a solid theme, lots of lore, and potential for a good MMO experience.

5 Likes

Pokemon

Also an excellent choice.

2 Likes

I saw the new Arceus game trailer and remember thinking “This is what Sw/Sh should have and could have been!”

A Poke’mon MMO, or a Poke’mon game with actual social features, would be so awesome.

2 Likes

What version of WoW? Modern WoW meaning WoD up? Nothing really.

Classic era or older MMORGPS? I’d want Legend of Zelda. Well before any emergence of Zelda, Link or Ganondorf.

Playable Races: Hylians, Zora, Rito, and Goron.

Non playable: Human, Minish, Kokiri/Korok, Gerudo and Twili.

Perhaps a new race for either playable or non playable for the MMORPG. I just want a large Hyrule that isn’t destroyed or gets destroyed. OOT of time is the closest we got to it but the N64 was incredibly limited.

Maybe not a mmorpg but a Elder Scrolls type of game. BoTW was a good step but Hyrule was still destroyed and pretty much empty besides a few still established settlements.

1 Like

I’ve played a few fan versions that are basically hacked together versions of the gameboy games, but with multiplayer functionality. That being said, putting it in a 3D world with other people would be fantastic and the fact that they haven’t done it yet just speaks to their lack of imagination with the franchise :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The version similarity would be up to you… A true old school Zelda MMO would be awesome.

I feel like that with alot of franchises with potential. Its almost like the true fans in game developers have died and corporate suits have fully taken over. Creativity is really lacking these days…

1 Like

TORG. Anyone remember that one? If a player or guild manages to acquire a Torg Stone, they can control the aesthetic of that stone’s zone. You could then host Guild vs Guild PvP to try to wrest control of the stones. I’m not big on guilds or PvP, but I’d be on board with this.

3 Likes

Eh not all of them. It’s funny you reference Zelda above, since BotW was a breath (lol) of fresh air for the franchise. Pokemon is just notorious for releasing the exact same game every few years with increasingly stupid creatures (an ice cream cone? really?).

If Arceus works out I’ll give them credit for that, since it seems they’re trying something new.

1 Like