If you could do anything to Frost DK next expansion what would you do

BoS becoming baseline is a bit of a hot take.

My case, I’d like to see Runic Power a bit more involved with our kit and not become totally randomly generate our runes. It needs a bigger purpose than just a filler resource that sometimes restore runes.

I asked about this in Acherus discord and making Runic Power restoring abilities be entropic (a form of bad RNG protection) would make the runes flooded. Now that I think about it, while it would be very powerful. I’d still think it is nice to have and willing to give up something.

The lack of customization and involvement of this game is kind of… sad :frowning:

2 Likes

This is why I dislike breath in the first place, fixing or removing it is a massive undertaking. Something needs to happen with breath though.

2 Likes

BoS needs to stay a talent. so many people dislike it making it baseline is a huge mistake.

however a aoe RP spender needs to be introduced that is baseline be that frost scythe, glacial advance or something new.

i would like to see the rotation itself mixed up with another button/mechanic.

4 Likes

agreed. i think BOS should stay where it is.

i’m personally okay with anything aoe as a runic spender baseline. we need one. outside of BOS our AOE is crap.

i like the idea to replace glacial (which you made baseline) with chillstreak. that sounds great

Just make the covenant abilities deal shadowfrost damage instead of shadow only

Okay, so I think I have a way to make this work.

Make Eradicating Blow conduit function with Frostscythe to increase the damage of Frost Strike by 75% Stacking 2 times. (I threw out a random number but you get the point)

This would make the conduit useful for aoe situations and make a 2/1/X/3/X/1/1 Build viable for single target. You would basically be using Frostscythe to buff Frost Strike in single target. It has a fun machinegun feel to it.

While at it, let’s talk a little about Unholy as well among with some bigger like Runic Power as a resource.

Frost

• Runic Empowerment: Each Runic Power you spend has a 2.0% chance to instantly grant you a Rune. Any time you spend Runic Power, it has an additional chance for each time it fails to grant you a Rune until it successfully restores one.

• Frost Strike automatically succeeds to proc Runic Empowerment if it critically hits.

Unholy

• Runic Corruption: Each Runic Power you spend has a 1.5% (From 1.6%) chance to increase your Rune regeneration rate by 100% for 3 sec. Any time you spend Runic Power, it has an additional chance for each time it fails to grant you a Rune regeneration rate until it successfully does.

• Death Coil cost reduced from 40 Runic Power to 30 Runic Power.

All other abilities like Breath of Sindragosa, Glacial Advance, Epidemic or even Blood Death Knights aside. Currently, runes are the most important resources for all of us in terms of doing damage that involves all of our kit. Especially Frost when we are using Pillar of Frost to grant ourselves more strength and feeding Gathering Storm.

The most common argument against this proposal is that it would make the resources flooded when all this really does is just make our resources more deterministic rather than random. The objective of this change is to smooth out the amount of runes that we gain from spending Runic Power. The feeling of failing a coinflip from using Frost Strike 3 times and not restoring any of your runes is just aggravating to say the least.

It will be especially flooding for Unholy so the ratio has been tweaked to try to regulate the upsides of making Runic Corruption entropic.

Not to mention Runic Power needs to be more involved than just BREATH GO BRRR. Like WHY IS UNLEASHED FRENZY STILL ON A 6 SECOND DURATION!? Unholy Conduits gets buffs while Frost Conduits gets zilch because of a balance perspective of one talent.

I swear, people need to get out of their comfort zone that is called “balance” and not make an excuse like “homogenization” or what not to make something happen.

But what do I know, we have someone like Rextroy that will constantly break the game as well as others that think we (as a class) will break the spacetime continuum.
1 Like

No no, keep the original rules of runes.

It’s just you can’t have two globals failing you to restore runes anymore as Frost. If you’re Unholy, you have a long term benefit from making RC more deterministic.

1 Like

I very rarely have issues with running out of runes. I don’t think it’s that big of an issue, plus would BoS become op if it suddenly had more runes to burn.

I think that might actually be an issue with the new 2p bonus if we see a shift to ME with the potential for more KM procs off the set bonus, stacking str, and higher rune refresh chance.

Pretty sure there was also worry expressed about not caring about rime procs in certain cases due to this as well. Just spam that obliterate key.

I would like to remove Breath. Nuke it from existence and never let it come back. It has to be one of the most hated abilities in this game and over the past few years, we’ve been forced to play it. It’s time to move on.

The most fun I’ve had playing frost was raiding Antorus and Legion M+ using the Obliteration build and using the Icy Citadel/Frostwhelps build in BFA for M+. In my perfect world, frost would go back to the Legion days. My one major qualm with Legion frost was the lack of defensives and dying to unavoidable damage in M+.

5 Likes

I like the frost suggestion. Seems pretty fair and has some bad luck protection too. Very nice.

Im okay with sindrag tbh but my biggest issue is the lack of a baseline runic aoe spender. I think that is part of what drags down oblit so hard because not only do you not have much aoe outside of sindrag, you also lose sindrag when you spec to oblit.

Problem with this is providing a base aoe spender does nothing to change the current situation without talent tweaking in the last tier.

If frost DK were to get that baseline, breath would now have sustain aoe and burst aoe. In this case all that does is ensure BoS remains the strongest across all content.

Which then brings me back to the original reasoning of make BoS baseline, or removing it (which will never happen at this point). Breath is the problem.

1 Like

I’d be happy if they completely remove breathe as I always hated that play style and the animation is lame imo. I would love breathe to be replaced by an execute that way we can have an interesting choice between a burst or an execute… I love yalls idea of replacing icecap with the mini dragons!

1 Like

keeping BoS as a talent is the best option cause so many dks dislike it.
a non talent aoe rp spender is needed baseline. be that frost scythe or glacial advance.

i would like to see a new button introduced that mixes up game play a bit.

and BoS needs to be nerfed a bit anyways

1 Like

I’d do something to froststrike, and give us ice cap baseline :stuck_out_tongue:

even if it doesn’t change the problem with the last tier it’s still something that should happen anyway.