If you can stop Bots then sure

Stop the GDKPs.
but if you cant stop Bots…

then theres no point…

Selling Staff of Jordan for 3k on the AH… somebody will buy it that couldnt get Rod or Gnome staff

Black Lotus will be 1k each minimum

Flask of the titan recipe… 40k

2 Likes

What a wild take.

I love these all or nothing takes that take out the infinite amount of gray in-between their black and white.

Yikes.

3 Likes

Just applying common sense… Consumes… BoEs will sky rocket, if Bot issue isnt controlled

They already working on bot issue. Cope harder. There isn’t a single ounce of common sense in an all or nothing take.

Press X to doubt.

We didn’t see even remotely close to these prices in Classic, y’know, back when GDKP was extremely rare. We did see prices like this in Wrath though.

2 Likes

Why? The bot issue will sort itself out when people stop buying as much gold.
People will still buy gold, but not nearly as much. GDKP wasn’t the reason people bought gold, but it was the reason people bought an absolute ton of it.

Once bots stop making as much money they will start to scale back, thus reducing the number of bots in general.

This of course would have been better from the beginning because the economy is already flooded. But better now than never.

3 Likes

Bad take.

You are basically saying unless they have a 100% success rate perfect solution, why even take steps in the right direction

5 Likes

Yep. 100 bots is better than 1000. 100g gold RMT is better than 1000.

Botting and RMT will never go away. But you can limit their effectiveness.

3 Likes

how do you know what the threshholds are? can you please provide the internal data that you posses showing GDKPS are worse the the AH in terms of reasons for RMT? could you also provide exact numbers as to how much more gold is bought and used for GDKPs exactly and how much is used on other means…thanks

Literally none of that is relevant.

I used example numbers and if that was too hard for you to understand without someone explicitly saying so, then I don’t know what to tell you.

This goes back to the “all or nothing” argument.

You’re saying that just because the AH might be worse then they shouldn’t fix another issue.

Conversely I ask you to provide the internal data showing the AH is worse. Do you know who DOES have the internal data? Blizzard. And guess who made the decision that GDKP is gone and the AH is staying?

1 Like

what threshhold of bots and inflation is acceptable for you? what if taking out the AH reduces it far more than GDKP? i simply think we should ban both GDKP and all other sources of reason people RMT for and put this bot epidemic to an end

i couldnt do that nor could you… you are the one trying to take action blindly

you used made up numbers in your head, non of it was factual numbers thus you were lying

Explain what action I’m trying to take? Blindly or not. I didn’t suggest anything.

I’ll remember to always put (example numbers only) in everything because critical thinking is too hard for the internet.

promoting a partial ban on one outlet and not every outlet =)

thanks for making sure you provide clarification to your speculations

This was Blizzard’s idea.

As I said. They have the internal data.

1 Like

No, but Blizzard has the data. You can keep spamming every forum I guess. That’ll rally people to your cause.

2 Likes