If you are playing Horde now for raids, will you make a new Alliance toon?

Good question.

Up until now I have been 100% hell no I’m not touching Alliance.

This at least will make me go ahead and check out some character customization options, that I haven’t even looked at before.
Haven’t made a Worgen since Cata. Haven’t even unlocked any of the Alliance allied races.

Maybe I’ll make a Worgen / Kul’tiran druid.

There’s still major issues though. For example Alliance have 0 presence on my server. And I don’t really want to wipe my gold for some characters.

:+1:

I swapped Horde to push keys because nobody plays keys in PUGs above 21 Alliance-side. I can go back to Alliance with this change and still push keys so I consider that a big win.

This gnome poster has the best takes

No as you’re still entirely seperated from your Horde guild, once they give up this idea of trying to appease the “MUH LORE” crowd and just enable cross faction full-stop than yep my Shaman will be going Draenei because I just personally absolutely love the Space Cow animations

Based Draenei disguised as a tauren

Not even close. And the last look we had at representative race data showed a better mix of its population between Tauren, Orc, Undead, and Trolls than Alliance had for anything after Humans and NE.

:joy: hey at least I hold my allegiance to the cow races

I think as evidenced by the covenants they know that people will almost always choose better racials better population better powers whatever.

Like covenants the faction should be more of a cosmetic RP choice than a power choice. I saw the benefits with ESO and the three factions and one tamriel

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

And besides if people really want their conflict they always have war mode

A lot of people will stay horde with their guild if that doesn’t become cross faction as well

I already moved all of my things back to alliance with the holidays sale and it feels amazing to know i’ll never have to go horde again on my toons lol

Of course you did battle master you destroy horde lowbies

1 Like

Not even close?

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/49862-wow-demographics-for-class-race-and-faction-infographic/

So what you mean that 70% was not a large enough number to encompass just how many Blood Elves there were, haha.

1 Like

I said “representative” data - as in data taken from an API that captured the majority of the actual character base, not a sample of 300K characters taken other players running survey mods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

Just because you don’t understand how statistics works mechanically doesn’t mean that random sampling is not valid. You’re just wrong.

It will probably work out fine for people who do PUG mythic+ content but it will be a little more difficult for raiders. Hell not being able to trade simple things like flasks, food or other consumables with cross realm players of the same faction is annoying enough. I can’t wait to see what restrictions will be in place for cross faction.

huh? How does opt in have anything to do with 10-59 dungeons? 2 vastly different points.
Yes, and I did read the post. This is how I know it. Which you CLEARLY did not read.

So, take a second. Read the my original post again. Read bluepost again. And come back.

Love the irony of this situation.

Yeah cause having to ride elevators was so easy for alliance back in the day.

I understand statistics well enough to employ statistical analyses in my employment, and to know that what Warcraft Realms provides is not a formal sample. Its sample is a small, purely random part of a whole.

As the actual author of these infographics correctly states, his data is a “random subsection of the player population.”

Actual data for the top 5 races at max level from 2020.

Alliance Percent Horde Percent
Human 28.5 Blood Elf 36.7
Night Elf 26.9 Orc 14.4
Draenei 8.8 Troll 10.3
Void Elf 7.5 Tauren 9.8
Dwarf 6.3 Undead 9.7
78.0 80.9

Yes, including lower-level characters changed the results, but only marginally. No, it is not remotely possible for BE to have risen from their norm of somwhere in the low-to-mid 30% range to 70% in two years.

Just posting my reply from Blizzards thread.

You said you weren’t sure why they didn’t include something, so I gave you the reason. No random group finder groups will be cross faction to keep the opt in nature of the system.

Unless you are on a RP server, that shouldn’t matter, as you can join premade groups across the region. So if you, say, made an Alliance toon there you could do group content anywhere. And you could always start a toon on a decently high pop Alliance server and build up your gold and stuff in the months that it will take to get to the patch; not like there’s a huge amount of stuff to do right now, until 9.2 launches. Nowadays its fairly easy to make gold, even from scratch.