If you’re going to make all of these changes, why not balance classes?

Noone has asked for them to completely change classes. Just minor tweaks, mainly related to mana so they can be played and not just unplayable.

Removing world buffs and mage boosting are both drastic changes so saying they are only doing quality of life improvements is flat out wrong.

1 Like

Removing WBs is not a drastic change. Classic should have never released with WBs functioning in raids since it was never done in Vanilla. It was just an unfortunate oversight.

Nerfing mage boosting is also not a drastic change. It is just trying to remove exploitative gameplay that was never intended.

If you honestly think the original Devs intended people to level in instances while standing and doing nothing while a mage boosts them to 60, then perhaps this game isn’t for you.

3 Likes

Mage boosting basically deleted the entire leveling community. So taking that out is a huge change.

World buffs dictated peoples play time, forced them to get these buffs then log out and if you didn’t have them you were a hinderance on your raid.

Both of these changes are huge and are why everyone is coming back. I never said the devs intended for this. But do you think the devs intended for 31 specs to be for the most part useless? You seem to have very selective hearing based on your own beliefs.

2 Likes

Mage boosting is not leveling so I will have to disagree with you on that point.

It is just fixing an error that shouldn’t have been a thing in classic.

WBs were also an error and the devs had said they never intended them to be used in raids and stacked. Which is probably why they removed them in TBC.

1 Like

Halving the server life is also a massive change.

Of course making it seasonal is a massive change but if they do fresh it would also be seasonal so that doesn’t really count now does it?

I doubt they will do fresh servers at any point that progress at least until the wrath servers come out and are dead. That is several years away.

Don’t need to progress really. Just need a server 16months or longer to justify most people’s game time investment. As I’ve stated in another post your average ranker can take 6 months or longer to go 13-14. 12 months is gone in an instant, it is quite literally half of classics lifespan

2 Likes

I think Is the 2 best options are Wrath Talents and spells/cata Talents and spells wath is The point where the game was actually balanced/ cata Slots in better because well fun fact we had 51 talent At 85.

people have been asking for paladins to get a taunt (and I even saw someone say AoE taunt).
give me a break, bud.

fixing mage boosting deleted “the leveling community”?? LOL :rofl:

just nerf " Hardiness " Orc race, then more people wil chose Alliance.

While lots of us might strongly disagree with each other and what we would like to see with SoM, it warms might heart knowing that we can all unite and hate everything Megarune presents

7 Likes

OMG i laughed so hard.

3 Likes

You would know if you played. You didn’t play so once again, please don’t try and act like you know anything about this game. Leveling zones were completely empty and it was near impossible to find a non boost group.

Do you just comment in a smug way hoping that you’re correct? Because I don’t think I’ve seen a single comment of yours that actually was right, most of its just complete nonsense about how apparently vanilla was, but even then you’re generally wrong about that.

1 Like

… because all the characters were in instances getting mage boosting. getting rid of mage boosting means more characters in the leveling zones leveling up the correct way. are you stupid?

I said mages deleted the leveling content which is what you are commenting about. I said destroying them is a huge change because now people will actually level in the correct manner. I don’t even understand what you are saying. It’s like you’re agreeing with me but are too stupid to realise.

2 Likes

There’s people who haven’t put him on ignore?

3 Likes

There will be very, very few people out in the world leveling or forming low level dungeon groups, after the initial launch leveling push.

This is not 2005 where there is a constant influx of new players trying WoW for the first time.

99% of players who play SoM at all, will be there at launch day.

yes yes, ded gaem. ok. whatever u say, divine oracle

the point is that fixing an exploit isn’t a “major change” and it doesn’t necessitate doing a bunch of class balancing.