If we're expanding gender options, can we get rid of class/race limitations?

Just as many players think the lore is tiresome and drawn out and does nothing for the game. An Blizzard sure doesn’t care about the lore when its time to put something up for sale on the store.

Besides it took them over 12 yrs to drop Gnome Hunters…

A warlock is a regular class, just like the warrior, paladin, priest, druid, hunter etc.

And they’re accepted by the Horde and the Alliance, for the most part. That being said, there are some races which will not tolerate them, and that lore cannot be thrown aside because people want to turn this game into Final Fantasy where every race can pick every class.

Honestly all they have to do is start them off in the Legion class halls as initates. That’s all they have to do. My nightborne shaman could start of in the heart of azeroth with the earthen ring instead of the normal experience. Same for dranei warlocks. All they had to do is start in the Warlock Legion class hall as a new recruit. Little rp dialogues like they did for the dks. Like oh you are a dranei and are interested in fel? That’s a bit weird but it seems you are like us and want to fight for azeroth with dark arts…

Nuff said.

Warlocks be bragging about how they warlocks. Not. They’re exiles of the society already. They’re a general class like rogues are yet are restricted.

Fun note is that fel taint doesn’t effect Draenei/Eredar the same. For example, one of the Eredar Twins retains her purple eyes.

You don’t even need to jump to Legion for that. I mean, the new universal starter zone is even called Exile’s Reach. They can just have to start there and be counted as an exiled member of their race that is still welcomed by the faction since there’s member races that have that class already.

2 Likes

Yup they can say oh the class halls have been recruiting new members while we were in shadowlands. Update the npcs. Like oh now they have rangari dranei in the class halls. Oh some of them got interested in the lightforging process. There we got both rangari and lightforged rogues.

Grimtotem tauren coupd have wanted to join the fight with azeroth, some of them wanted to learn fel magics. New custimization for tauren grim totem face paints and body tattoos.

1 Like

It’s another questionable decision made by people who believe in a future which isn’t given. They cater to a small audience which is too dependent on modern technology and offended by anything and anyone. Those same people will also be eaten alive by the next generation who point fingers at them for not being good enough. Somehow humanity found a way to make things more complicated as it needs to be.

3 Likes

Yea really. I hope they do that next expansion.

You talking about the folks that are upset about things like this added?

I mean, the folks caring about this are the ones complicating it. Guess their lives are too comfortable so they need to be mad about everything :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes I know. Even the weird race combos like dranei warlock could start of as hated by there faction. And do some quests to become friendly.

I would embrace the hatred :eyes:. Imagine joining a secondary group vs. a faction.

I’m not offended by them doing this but if we start striping everything to a gender neutral perspective, what’s then the point of having fantasy in a fantasy game?

2 Likes

What? This doesn’t make sense lmao

Do you get mad when other literature gives Dwarven ladies beards?

1 Like

It does. I just think on a deeper level. I’m okay with the change but it was unnecessary having this in a game.

1 Like

I was talking about like in there starting zone lol. Both the demon hunters and dks start of hated and quest to be accepted into the horde/alliance.

It doesn’t though. Why would you want to restrict something in a fantasy game?

Yeah I get ya. Idk, I’m reminded of the Druid that was at war with the Cenarion Circle and couldn’t obtain his Artifact Weapon back in Legion. I like that kind of immersion/choices.

1 Like

What’s the point in acknowledging the complications of self identity in a fantasy setting where polymorph is a common spell?

2 Likes

Yes, because the races that don’t have them playable either distrust the arcane entirely, or have other very good reason not to have warlocks in their ranks. There is slight room for expansion, but not a lot.

It’s the lore and part of the flavour that makes the game unique.

Right now the only races that can’t be warlocks are the following:

• Night Elves
  • Draenei
  • Pandaren
  • Lightforged Draenei
  • Kul Tiran
  • Tauren
  • Highmountain Tauren
  • Mag’har Orc

Out of all of those races, most of them exclude warlocks from their ranks for good reason, although there is some room for expansion. Kul Tirans for example, could become warlocks, as that race/class combination doesn’t clash with the lore. Pandaren as well, could be an option, as there’s nothing stopping them from taking that path either.

If you stretch the lore, you could also make the class available for Tauren, along with the Mage class. The Tauren do not trust the arcane, but that can be changed.

But the other races? Nah, they all have very, very good reasons to not have warlocks in their ranks.

Maybe if you want to embrace a forced narrative instead of individuality. :woman_shrugging:

Sorry, I will never be about that life, I don’t enjoy micromanagement and I don’t enjoy forced narratives so I will continue to request the wall be torn down. I enjoy creativity and folks making their own story. The NPCs can be strong armed into a narrative, not the PCs.

1 Like

Well have fun not getting what you want.

Blizzard may relax class restrictions on some races, but they’ll never do so with all races.