If we're expanding gender options, can we get rid of class/race limitations?

I mean, that’s why I’m requesting it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Speculation. High Elves came to the Alliance after all and Vanilla Classic was also released. :kissing_heart:

Remember when Blizzard said Kul’Tiran’s were to stupid to ever become Mages and it didn’t fit the lore…

Said it before but oh man do you remember when Blood Elf warriors weren’t a thing? That was weird!

Because, at one point, your either start trading or losing identity. You see it as an additional option, I see it as a distraction from the actual problem, namely the outside game culture which apparently requires to change things for the sake for “everyone”.

I rather have an authentic fantasy and character trope with given norms instead bringing in RL politics which distract from the media I consume. Given how society has evolved into it’s own Ouroboros, it’s just a matter of time before things start to spiral out and creativity is lost because it’s not “correct” enough anymore.

5 Likes

Its just a part of your character sheet like I see people play in Dungeons and Dragon- esque things.

Yeah, but that’s the question here: Does your character need to be a member of good standing of their race’s society? Yes the Draenei will cast out one of their own that took up the warlock class, but would the Alliance, or at least the warlocks of the Alliance disown them for that?

I think you need to just step away from the computer and get out more. There’s no creativity being lost because a player can choose a different pronoun lmao.

2 Likes

I was more just trying to make the point that there’s probably more reason for those options thanks to the fantasy magic in the game allowing more complications and it seems odd to try and exclude people from those identification options.

That’s what your character is by default, with the exception of the Death Knight/Demon Hunter, if you pick a race, you are considered to be a member of good standing within your racial society.

Obviously if you’re a roleplayer you can choose to do something different with your character’s story, but as far as the game story is concerned says you’re a member in good standing.

And even if you could argue that some races should have those class options open because your character could be an ‘exile’ or some other crap, there are other races where even that’s not possible.

Lightforged Draenei for example, are 100% pro-light, 100% anti-demon. They’d never allow a Warlock into their ranks, period, and when you create a Lightforged Draenei, you are a part of the Army of the Light. There’s no exception to that.

Mag’har Orcs as well, are 100% anti-warlock. Mag’har means ‘Uncorrupted’ and they gained that name because they aren’t corrupted by the energies of the Fel, which turns their skin green. They will never accept warlocks into their ranks, because not only would it go against everything they stand for, but it would mean they are no longer ‘Mag’har’ because they’re corrupted. May as well just roll a regular Orc at that point.

The class skins idea could also enhance certain fantasies.

I was thinking of a way for undead to have paladins. I was thinking they would use Kyrian Magic. In the game its arcane based damage. But they can change it to a new name that is mixed with shadow magic arcane and holy.

Here are the current schools of magic we have.

So with class skins undead could just get like a Kyrian paladin version. They wont use just holy magic. But Kyrian magic. Idk the name. Seraphic maybe.

Maybe just holy death magic. Or use the dark naaru paladin skin idea too since the forsaken had the dark church first.

I hate that I can’t find the quote anymore, but the new starter zone kinda opens that up. Since you’re no longer necessarily starting out in your faction’s home it gives more agency in choosing non-standard backgrounds. The quote was more in reference to stuff like different tribes/clans/etc, but it could work for that as well.

But like I said, I think I’m good with combos staying as is, I just feel like after stuff like an elf only class or stuff where there’s no good reason for all races not to have a class, if you’re going to add more, just open it all up.

Everyone uses pronouns tho? Like if your friend is referring to you doing something

Lightforged warlocks could be Wakeners. A warlock class skin based on summoning mechanical units like the Wakeners in Argus. That could be a nice class skin. For arcane based summoner/nature or holy magic mechanical units. So they could summon arcane based or light based mechanical versions of the demons.

And it would play off the technology side they had. We see them reskin skeletons all the time. Mechanical versions of warlock pets would be cool.

The maghar had warlocks with maghar skin colors and fel scars. So if they combine the orc clans, they can say you were an orc that didnt get as corrupted as the others or something. They had maghar fel scarred skins in hellfire citadel. They could just be regular orcs that use maghar skins. The old orcs drank demon blood, but they could have warlocks who didnt. Idk why orcs are the only race that had a skin color change for warlocks. Thats a bit weird, not like humans turn green or something.

No, they couldn’t be.

The Lightforged spent 25,000+ years fighting the Legion, they HATE demons. There is no world, none, in which any Lightforged would willingly choose to summon demons or use fel magic.

No, they didn’t, at that point they were no longer mag’har. They were corrupted. The entire thing about the Mag’har is that they’re ‘uncorrupted’.

1 Like

Have you not seen the outrage over wearing a piece of cloth on your face?

4 Likes

I swear to god the death count would be ungodly if Dr. Fauci reminded us that we all need to breathe regularly.

3 Likes

At least give us Tauren Demon Hunters!

1 Like

But when you’re murdering things… who cares.

Amen!

http://cdn.wallpaperhi.com/1440x900/20130224/video%20games%20world%20of%20warcraft%20tauren%20fantasy%20art%20armor%20calendar%20artwork%20yaorenwo%201440x900%20wallpap_www.wallpaperhi.com_99.jpg

2 Likes

LOL no, it really isn’t. There are some tough realities coming in the future and people will just have to deal with it.

8 Likes