If we're expanding gender options, can we get rid of class/race limitations?

I’m not buying the next expansion, I’m done with ActiBli$$ion.

6 Likes

I for one would love to make a Vulpera druid. If they can become death knights and monks, I see no rule saying that they can’t learn to become druids.

1 Like

Yes and while were at it lets make Gnomes Druids as well…

1 Like

The lore continues to hold Wow back and does nothing but to serve up a stale cut an paste expansion every time…

Race/Class restrictions are dumb we need Void Elf Paladins!

The lore matters. There are plenty of players who think so, as does Blizzard.

You want all classes/all races? Go play Final Fantasy.

3 Likes

I feel in a spot where I’m wary of picking and choosing race/class additions, and especially extremely limited ones, I think I’d rather see just opening it up for all rather than another thing like DH which is so limited.

I feel like you can get away with the whole PCs are edge cases and not held back by the normal standards of their race. We’re always the champion, the mall walker, whatever, we’re not the average member of our races, so maybe we had a background that opened things up for us. Think I’ve heard that as reasoning when dnd got rid of racial class restrictions too.

Again, I’m all for expanding in some areas. Night Elf Paladins for example, or Orc (non-mag’har) priests. There are plenty of options that Blizzard can make available for folks that don’t clash with the lore.

But there are others that do, to an extreme degree. Draenei Warlocks for example, can never be a thing, because the Draenei despise demons and would not tolerate one of their own making demonic pacts. Likewise with Night Elves, it took them over 10,000 years to finally allow mages back into their society and they still don’t trust them fully, the idea that the Night Elves would allow their kin to be trained as Warlocks is absolutely ridiculous.

Part of what makes WoW unique is that certain races cannot be certain classes.

Demonhunters basically have demons in them and they are accepted. I call shenanigans. Its a player choice if they want to be a night elf warlock.

I’m just wary of some of the ways that being too concerned about lore can be a bit uneven. Or how sometimes some decisions are arbitrary and just based on feel. Like there’s only Horde that has races with the option for druid, shaman, and paladin all in one. And the fact that Elves get a class all to their own just kind of rubs me wrong. And I don’t see how any race has a lore reason to not have a few classes like monk, rogue or hunter for example.

All our characters are in a weird spot in the lore, we’re important and unique, but we’re not canon aside from being “adventurers” or whatnot mentioned when talking about a raid boss death or the like. We don’t need to be bound by the normal rules. A Draenei warlock could be an outcast who fell into fel learning, or a dominator of demons who turns their enemies strength against itself.

I’m not against leaving things as is, just more I feel like we’re at a bit of a tipping point where if they’re going to start adding more combos they might as well just open them all rather than pick and choose.

Dranei warlock could be a former Sargerei warlock from WoD. They studied fel to fight fire vs fire. Night elves have demonhunters, they literally stole knowledge from warlocks to learn how to do that.

1 Like

“hero” classes are a weird limbo where they are supposed to be society’s outcasts that only are accepted as frontline soldiers. writing for demon hunter’s was super bad though it was basically a full on let’s retcon all the enslaving and purging the illidari and illidan did and act like everything is fine.

Don’t even need to be that. Just make them a double exile. Dran’ari. I’d even call them the Eredar cause they wanna reclaim their namesake :eyes:

Hell, in OG Scholomance there were NEs aplenty learning Necromancy and Warlock shenanigans.

1 Like

I’ve just got a pretty broad view of what works as a character. If you can make up a decent backstory for it (or really, in a game like this if I’m not in some RP group with you feel free to drop the decent there) go for it.

2 Likes

Demon hunters are exiles. They’re not a part of Night Elf society. They are also, as Prismriver points out, a hero class, and the hero classes at the moment follow a pattern where the class essentially is hated or reviled by the majority of folks, but then gets a chance to ‘prove’ themselves due to extreme circumstances.

A warlock is not a hero class.

It is funny how many people cant actually understand the difference between being bothered by something that is done, and being bothered by who or what that something is done for.

I have no problems with the modern view of some people in regards of gender, lifestyle, partner, or whatever. That doesnt mean what is done in the name of that will be nice in my view. Nor I should condone anything that is made to, for or by those who count among those groups, even if I am one of them.

The same way people might not find correct that some stuff is made having the “old boring binary mindset” without being really bothered by those people existing, sure I can be bothered by what is done or serve as reference when it is the other way around.

And that is the same for the ingame question.

I might have nothing against a class, a race, or the fact that a certain class is of a certain race. But I can think that it is rather off putting that the possibility exists. And I can dislike things without being vehemently against it.

1 Like

My lady just wanted to learn to summon Iccubi booty. It was her one motivator. She was walking along and then BAM she saw him and was all, “yes.” See, easy. We’re all susceptible to the corruption.

2 Likes

No. There is male. And there is female. Pick one.
That is all.
Stop the trolling.

5 Likes

And there is no higher calling than that.

1 Like

A warlock is an anti-hero class. Either way it’s still considered bad by most cultures. Night elf warlocks dont even have to start with the night elves. Warlocks used to just hide as mages. We already have night elf death knights and demonhunters. Demonhunters literally stole warlock magic to do what they do. Illidan studied fel and was a former mage and druid. Any night elf mage could become a warlock because that’s what a warlock does in lore.

You can even be just a night elf satyr that takes form as a night elf (cleansed).

Also could just be the illadari because of us accept warlocks now to train and it’s just another spec for them since they control demons. It could be as simple as Illadari learning all sorts of fel magic. And Night elf warlocks being Illadari warlocks.

It’s not that hard to put them in. They already have fel customizations.