If we're expanding gender options, can we get rid of class/race limitations?

I wanna be a LFD rogue without Blizzard choosing what I can and can’t be. Just gimme. That’s the point of the thread.

If context is what you’re looking for, the speculation is that we’re getting more pronouns for our character.

And how does this relate to gender?

OP making it about it and me jumping on the opportunity to ask for it.

EA is looking at adding this garbage to the Sims 4 aswell.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this observation:

There are homosexual individuals everywhere, not just in the US or Europe but everywhere including South America, Asia and Africa. Because, well, they do exist and can be as nice or twisted as any heterosexual individual.

When it comes to “non binary” people though, strangely they don’t exist in South America, most if not all Asian countries and most certainly do not exist in Africa.

It’s almost as if exposure to certain media is related to it? I could be wrong but it’s odd this isn’t a thing in half of the world or more.

6 Likes

Source? Where are you from? Because i’m from México and i personally know a significant ammount of non binary folks

1 Like

It’s all good, Ben Shapiro will set em straight.

1 Like

the hell are you even talking about, a quick google check got me:

South Asia has a plethora of terms for people who identify neither as male nor female. Apart from hijra (which is the best known) and khwaja sara (which is mostly used in Pakistan), they include aravani , kinnar , kothi and shiv-shakthi.

4 Likes

im all for some added race/class, theres only 1 i can think of off hand that doesnt belong. demon hunters-elf races only. no pandas, no gnomes, no undead

male or female. What other genders are there?

Pretty sure theres not a diagram of a chair or a lamp or a spaceship under definitions of “gender”. Even if someone mentally identifies as a lump of wood, they werent born that way

11 Likes

Anyone who has studied more the one language/specialized in romance languages can tell you gender is just a concept.

I always love the way people don’t know jack about a subject feel like they’re the be all end all authority on it.

Also wish that more people knew about Ben Shapiro’s failed Canadian movie career

It’s in the speculation phase atm but the context is:

Oh sorry, I misread what you were asking for a source.

Yes, i already read that. This does not explain where the person that i was replying to got this idea that in other parts of the world there aren’t non-binary people. Personally i’m excited about having pronouns since i’m a cis woman and i get misgendered quite often

Yeah I derped. My bad :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Just read about the new “gender options”…

Did the game really need this? It’s a fantasy game. Who wants to run around as a barbaric Orc who sees himself as a woman? I mean, what’s the point? Just because it’s a trope it doesn’t mean it’s a cliché or old. It’s about the execution.

RL politics have no place in this game. It’s a fantasy game.

12 Likes

Indeed. So keep your politicization of people’s identities out of the game.

7 Likes

Not needed, but it’s nice if it means people will misgender you less

While I am all for expansion of class/race combos in certain places, the lore for several of the races excludes the ability for those races to use specific classes.

We do not need the game to be more homogenized in this respect.

So what’s the problem?