If we're expanding gender options, can we get rid of class/race limitations?

Eredar are not Draenei, same species, entirely different mindset. Please don’t argue lore if you don’t understand it.

Nothing is ever good enough.

2 Likes

Thal’kiel was an eredar when he was a wakener and it was non-fel based. The dranei are former eredar, so they should still have wakeners in their ranks. That is the lore we have now. Class skins could open up stuff like paladins and warlocks if they change the sorts of magics they use. Same game mechanics, different school of magic.

I don’t care about the politics, but if we can get paid features for free I cannot see anything wrong.

Removing the gender change option as a paid service helps everyone.

If they can remove more paid services for customization all the power to whoever is advocating it.

1 Like

Again, do not argue lore when you clearly don’t understand it.

Thal’kiel was the first Eredar warlock, this is true, and he was destroyed by his kin, notably Velen, Kil’jaeden and Archimonde for his use of that magic.

That was thousands, and thousands of years before Sargeras would arrive on Argus and tempt the Eredar with the power of the Burning Legion.

Also, if you knew the lore, you’d know that the Wakeners were not individuals, but a faction of sorcerers that were loyal to Thal’kiel. And they were all (save one) killed alongside Thal’kiel. Their bodies were burned and any writings they had teaching Thal’kiel’s ideals and work were destroyed with them. Only one Wakener survived the massacre, and that was Talixae Flamewreath, who later joined the Burning Legion and was last seen in Suramar.

As a class skin they could just revive that magic back? Perhaps just find tomes on argus, learn how to be a summoner again. The lightforged already use lightforged warframes. What would stop them from summoning mechs in combat like they already do? In WoD we still see them use those arcane sentinels. That’s all that’s needed, similar magic types.

I like lasagna. In fact, I like it so much, I learned to make it very, very well. Lasagna is good. :+1:

Semper Fi! :us:

2 Likes

Again, the faction was destroyed, the magic was outlawed and all records that were on Argus at that time describing how to perform that magic were destroyed.

They were demon summoners loyal to a traitor who was executed for his actions.

At the end of the day, the Lightforged Draenei would not touch demon summoning with a 50 ft pole. They hate demons, with every fibre of their being. They would not tolerate demon worshippers or summoners within their ranks. End of story.

And Blizzard is not going to put in the time or energy to create a ‘class skin’ that is so divorced from the original class that it may as well be a new class entirely.

2 Likes

An artist came up with some good ideas for class skins. And blizzard said they are open to stuff like adding void elf paladins. So I think it would be a nice investment in player experience and blizz hinted that they are willing to work with it. The art team also carries the wow game imo so if they can do a decent job at stuff like green fire they can do class skins too.

Here they show ideas for warlock class skins that use drust versions, and necormancy versions of warlocks. I don’t see how the lightforged wouldn’t use one with holy/arcane/nature-mech damage.

I’m done debating this.

You don’t understand the lore, and until you do, you’ll never understand why certain classes would not be available to certain races.

Educate yourself.

/muted

3 Likes

I understand lore, I am open for it to be branched towards fun and not racially restrict people to certain fantasies. Class skins is a fun idea. I don’t think restricting races is fun. Nor do I like being restricted to certain races when I play a class. I offered solutions to include them in the game such as class skins. And you ignore that due to past lore. Anytime they add new options they explain it at least somewhat. Blood elf demonhunters were almost non-existant till it was retconned into the lore. So yea I can offer my feedback but go ahead and close your eyes because it is soley based on past lore that can be retconned any time.

A class skin of wakeners could be fun mech based version of warlocks for more then just dranei, it would work with stuff like gnomes/mechagnomes/goblins. Most races are born of construct creatues, summoning magic is used with warlocks so thematically they can be used similarly. Eredar were great summoners so the magical capability is there genetically. A story to unlock wakeners could include studying such old magics to use mechs and stuff. The lightforged already use mechs in there arsenal, so maybe they just want to learn how to summon them and study old dranei magics. Especially if they reclaim Argus.

So Quantitative not Qualitative?

Um, yes, you actually can, when you have different teams working on different aspects of the game. You have no place dictating Blizzard’s workflow, so, please stop being silly.

“Very fine people”, to quote a guy.

Only 2 genders tho. How do you expand that?

5 Likes

So… both and none are becoming options? Both sounds a tad different already but…how does none even work? If one’s neither gender would this mean we get some third frame they’d take? I just don’t know how a gender null character would end up because if they’re neither male nor female wouldn’t mean they’re not masculine or feminine? Would they end up turning into a bowl of fruit or something?

1 Like

“If we’re expanding…”

We’re not.

Big avengers assemble energy

I’m Dr. Moo, Steven Moo.

1 Like

I got a feeling this is more about killing skimpy mogs more than anything.

Not even the whales could support the drop in players from no more skankmogs

Funny that you put it that way.

The goblin said:

Then you asked if he gets mad when Dwarven ladies (clearly identifying gender) have beards (a clear reference to masculine trait).

In other words, you answering what he asked by providing “argument” of an example of how important the relevance of what he said is.