If we're expanding gender options, can we get rid of class/race limitations?

They can do whatever they want as long as I get my red-blooded Fel Orcs from Outland.

…I have always wanted a blood red Orc.

Makes me wonder what would happen if the gender politics being added to the game issue was turned over to the Texas Attorney General…

It would never be turned over to the Texas AG in the first place.

And even if it did, the Texas AG has no authority over creative license. That would be an infringement of the developers 1st Amendment rights.

Has that really stopped him?

“Company that has a Texas office is tainting the children with their games”

He can rage and bluster as much as he likes, still can’t actually enforce anything.

well its not really

Im talking the raw absolute physicality here. Im not trying to diminish or judge a persons beliefs or chosen lifestyle. Simply saying its male or female. The absolute cornerstones and the only 2 actual real, life real world inescapable “gender” foundations. Everything beyond that isnt a gender, its just someone elses individually decided upon identifier and thats all well and good but…

At the end of the day, the physical body that plops out of the mother has male bits, or female bits (barring the rare cases where both or none are apparent) and thats how it should stay. Also if a man see’s himself as a “she” why cant he just like, you know, make a female character? ??? /boggle

3 Likes

I understand your perspective! :slight_smile: I’m in my Masters research program and the general rule of thumb for research and studies is that anything within the last ten years is still considered relevant data. It’s also beneficial to use qualitative studies from a few years apart to show growth or change in the research. The second source was also from 2019, though I didn’t put a date on it in my description. Between the 2013 and 2019 study, these two studies found a 13% growth! :slight_smile:

Thal’kiel was one of the first eredar warlocks. He was a wakener before he was warlock and wakeners were basically summoners. That is dranei non corrupted warlocks.

All I wanna know is, can I now have a beard?

Cause I keep hearing how warriors must have beards?

:rofl: :rofl:

Are you really discussing quantitative and quantitative analysis along with relevance of the dataset within certain time constraints in a World of Warcraft forum.

Remember your audience.

Hey, don’t clump me in with Boomers.

I spent my whole life rallying against censorship and other boomer stagnation!

No one is arguing biological sex, but Gender and all the values we as a society equate it with, is a construct.

There is a difference between the two.

1 Like

I have a degree too and am familiar with the way to present data, which is why I made the comment. 2019 is still a bit outdated and polls are extremely inaccurate.

I’m not sure though in what you’re trying to accomplish in educating people on a video game forum?

I see the relevance regarding the topic in question; however, all I see is virtue signaling by a lot of people (for and against.)

Also, the New York Times is not a reliable source of information to be quoting for fact.

:woman_shrugging:t2: It’s just evidence. If people don’t want to engage, they don’t have to.

People flagging you are weak. All race/class combos = strong.

Troll demon hunter go zoom zoom across all the zones.

Perhaps our degrees differ in how we approach data. My focus is educational research, and the data in classrooms tends to be relevant for about ten years before it’s considered outdated. Obviously everything pre-COVID is also going to have to be taken with a grain of salt since the educational system has changed so drastically.

I wasn’t :slight_smile: I was having a discussion with someone who was unable to provide any proof of their claims and that was that!

I think I did state that it was an opinion piece. I’ll have to go back and look. And everything is relevant, though you’re right. Academic journals would carry more weight.

Same. It’s sad.

1 Like

wait i don’t understand how tf this an issue? if you want to identify as a female say irl yet were born a male why don’t you just make a female character instead? isn’t that what people do irl anyways? say they were born the wrong gender so they MAYBE… move on to get surgery to fix other stuff. i say maybe because not everyone can afford the surgery or want to go through it for w.e. reasons especially with negativity around that topic irl and especially in certain cultures.

me i personally don’t care not my body, not my money ya’ll do w.e. tf you wanna do. class and race limitations starting to get dumb in this game imo though. especially with things like Holy priest UD, Goblin shamans which seems like half @ss’d lore they came up with. lots of stuff lore wise makes NO sense

We should have troll beards

1 Like

Class/race restrictions should have been removed a long time ago.

1 Like