If we Ever Go back to faction war if ever... Can Alliance get the bad bat?

Faction war is played out and just unbelievable at this point.
I really dont want us to go through this song and dance again where we go to war, make up, and go fight a bigger threat together.

Faction war is over and i hope it stays that way.

4 Likes

Well Here Come “The Five”

The horde has its origins in being the bad guys, the entire reason people played horde was to be the bad guys. You specifically might be a special snowflake but most horde players preferred the aesthetic of being “the monsters.”

They will just retcon it all later and make the Horde the bad guys for reasons.

1 Like

Has to be willing evil? Likely not the current characters. :robot::sweat_drops:

…besides the Bloodfang Pack going feral. :world_map::robot:

No the Horde is overall uglier, and it’s just a proven fact that ugly = bad.

Well, if Turalyon goes full Yrel-fanatic mode (especially if Alleria dies during TWW) then there very well could be a war with the Alliance being the “bad guys”, and Void Elves might be persecuted within the walls of Stormwind (which could be fun!).

1 Like

Well If allince NPC can’t be that evil I guess I bring that evil By Some ohter means.

Neither was Sylvanas, didn’t stop Blizzard from turning her into Garrosh 2.0 even after saying they wouldn’t.

Like General Nazgrim!

Oh wait.

What do you mean “if”? He was already like that in Legion. Didn’t you read/listen to his dialogue?

Knowing some of the usual suspects, they’d probably spend the first year of it going “Actually we’re TOTALLY justified in eating these children (or whatever)” before the “Blizzard is FORCING the Alliance to be bad so the Horde can look good, Horde favoritism! But we’re still justified.” starts.

1 Like

Chronicles 8!

“None of what you saw actually happened.”

1 Like

Sylvannas was always on edge to do something crazy. She raised humans without care to begin with, pre-jailer. She was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

Corruption and new characters are easily possible. :memo::robot:

Especially if a new character is corrupting the alliance from the inside. :robot::test_tube:

No you are aligned with creatures that invaded this world you will always be the bad guys.

Also, in her short story a long time ago, she made an unknown (presumably what lead to her actions in BFA) deal after ICC. (since the death of the LK didn’t just…release her)

Well, stop attacking everything around you and you will stop being hte bad guys

1 Like

Yeah, always wondered if they were gonna go back on that and tell us what exactly happened and what deal she had to make. Sadly that was touched by “corrupt a wish” writers.

1 Like

As I see it, each side being solely presented as definitively good or evil in the faction conflict is a failure of narratives of that theme. Ideally both sides should have their share of good and evil acts during the conflict. That should be a major difference between Alliance v. Horde and Azeroth v. Villain of the Week.

1 Like

If they did faction war 3.0 (and I really don’t want that to be a thing), I’d want them to actually balance it out so that there were heroes and villains on both sides and it was clear enough that it would be indisputable.

1 Like

The Horde would need to lose to the Alliance in the first act, and Blizzard is incapable of writing the Horde being under threat by the Alliance.

Alliance has only successfully sacked 3 towns without the aid of the Horde itself. Taurajo, Brill, and Stonard. And the Alliance immediately left Stonard as soon as it was clear the Horde had been beaten.