If this is the kind of storytelling 10.2 give us then I'm not hyped

Even the newer ones chronologically born post-WC3 events?

“How dare people work together against a big enemy”

Man, I’m so glad wow forums and youtubers aren’t in charge of writing for wow, it may be crap now but it would actually be the worst writing possible with ya’ll clowns in charge

3 Likes

No one has said otherwise, as far as I know. They’re still long-lived, just not immortal. They can get sick, feel weaker without the tree, that sort of thing.

Most of the time we handle big enemies independently, and it works just fine.

Fighting side by side is extremely rare, throughout the game’s history.

1 Like

Sure except for Classic, TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA, SL, and DF

2 Likes

Please list the times we fought together in each.

And be specific.

1 Like

Just look at the way this character is portrayed. It’s a perfect example of this kind of inversion. Why does the leader of the undead look like a holy priest? That is not the nature of the forsaken or what you would want to visually convey thematically. It’s a strange reversal. As if they were trying to say, evil is actually good. Many such cases!

9 Likes

I think the issue is more “where did this come from out of the blue?” Suddenly Lillian cares about a Dream twig/tree/thing? Why? And where did this friendship come from? Why are the Dark Rangers involved?

There’s just a blank area of no information as to how we got to this point. I don’t think most care that they’re there together. People just want to know why they care about each other, why the Forskaen cares about a tree and how they got to this point.

Yes, god forbid storyline not have holes, gaps and actually have context for why what’s happening is happening.

Glad you’re not in charge either.

7 Likes

Classic - AQ and Scourge
TBC - Sunwell
Wotlk - Most of it
Cata - Firelands, Dragon Soul
MoP - The entire end of MoP
WoD - Entire xpac
Legion - Entire xpac
BFA - Nzoth
SL - Entire xpac

4 Likes

Here’s the actual list of times we fought side by side Horde/Alliance characters:

Sanctum, Eternal Palace, Siege of Orgrimmar, Icecrown Citadel, and arguably Dragon Soul.

That’s it.

Short list!

3 Likes
  1. She’s not leader.
  2. She was a priest when she was alive.
  3. She was raised by the Light as a special snowflake.
  4. No one said evil is good and no one said the Forsaken were ever evil.
3 Likes

Got it, we’ll ignore most of the xpacs story then

Also lol, one of the boss fights is literally the other faction

It got hella awkward for my vulpera death knight lol

1 Like

Most players are going to recognize Alextraza. She’s certainly more recognizable than Maraad and Kael’thas, Probably the same pull as Deathwing, Chen Stormstout, Uncorrupted Grom Hellscream, BfA and Shadowlands don’t feature a character…

Guess it’s too early to tell anyway, since timeline-wise we’re just shy of 20yrs since the Battle of Mt. Hyjal depicted in WC3. Sure, all the NPC NEs who have survived are millenia old, but I’m curious now how newer NPCs are regarded.

1 Like

Gonna say the Dragonflight sales numbers put some shade on that claim.

2 Likes

Heck most casuals have likely seen her at least once in previous expansions.

Or when she showed up in Heroes of the Storm.

Her card in Hearthstone is still getting use in a lot of decks. So yeah. I think a lot of ‘casuals’ would know her

1 Like

You’re the one ignoring what actually happens in-game, and going for some make-believe retro instead.

Indeed. One of the 5 (and that’s it - FIVE!) times the factions fought side-by-side, they were trying to kill each other minutes later.

3 Likes

They are evil. Objectively evil. They are an anti hero faction who commit acts of evil and live in an evil underground toxic city. What makes them somewhat redeemable is their use of cunning and guile to protect themselves and their people. That is what the forsaken are. They are forsaken. They are evil with the faintest glimmer of humanity.

I also had this issue with maldraxxus. The writers have zero clue. Yes, these undead monstrosities and zombies are actually the good guys! It’s no wonder the game and story is a tone deaf mess.

3 Likes

Im afraid thats you, not sure how you think we weren’t allied together when we were seen together so often in most of the xpacs while fighting a common foe

Nah, the argent crusade led that and we were there, hence the fighting, we weren’t exactly allies there

Kinda shows how you don’t actually pay attention to story but wanna talk about it lmao

4 Likes