If this is the kind of storytelling 10.2 give us then I'm not hyped

This, this just doesn’t work.

This is zero reason for ANY Night Elf and Forsaken character to be this buddy, buddy.

Talk-no-jutsu is bullcrap!

Wounds as bad as the burning of Teldrassil don’t heal that easy or at all really. It was attempted genocide for RNG’s sake!

This kills believability. This is just bad storytelling. Like Fanfic level bad.
Remove this quest-chain!

61 Likes

That’s 90% of the story telling in this mmo

16 Likes

It’s Lillian Voss. She probably, hopefully, has other plans that involve her using Shandris for some nefarious reason. (one can hope.)

1 Like

I’m not sure why you’re surprised. The Explorer’s League and the Reliquary used to murder each other for shiny things and now they’re birdwatching together. As far as DF is concerned, the factions and their subsidiaries might as well not exist.

20 Likes

What’s really mind-blowing is that if Blizzard had never put in their damn Hall of Fame, none of this would be happening.

Factions have been teaming up against big bads since vanilla and no one seemed to be upset.

Besides, it’s been 7-8 ingame years.

11 Likes

Factions have been in a state of cold (sometimes hot) war since vanilla and no one seemed to be upset.

UNTIL Blizzard put in the Hall of Fame and a bunch of Alliance players felt bad about their faction choice, even though they didn’t raid in the first place. So they started screaming that the factions needed to be removed, and here we are.

5 Likes

It feels like Blizzard is trying to fix their mistake with storytelling.

Too damn late.

2 Likes

Lillian voss is determined. she’s not evil and actually has a keen sense of justice from what I understand.

But I’ll be honest I don’t pay that close attention

6 Likes

It would be nice, but Forsaken leaders aren’t allowed to be evil anymore apparently. Not even like, borderline evil. They have to be near Anduin levels of nice now, as if players couldn’t just…play humans if that’s what they want.

9 Likes

They haven’t even used most of the Forsaken leaders in years. They wrote them all out when Cata came out and put in Lillian Voss instead, for reasons I’ve never understood.

(Except, of course, that Cataclysm’s main purpose was to destroy everything that made WoW popular.)

5 Likes

This is why Metzen is back

This is why people say WoW doesn’t feel like Warcraft anymore

Everyone has to be friends now

24 Likes

Metzen’s always played Alliance, though, I doubt anything will improve on that front.

Both sides are too low in number to actually fight each other. They go out of their way to say this multiple times.

5 Likes

Who said anything about fighting each other?

…the op

3 Likes

It’s not about actively fighting each other, it’s that they’re just not friends

4 Likes

I’ve re-read the OP 3 times and find nothing in it about how people should be fighting each other.

3 Likes

Its the same “muh war in warcraft” nonsense people keep trying to pull on the forums.

7 Likes

No, it’s not. And if you think it is, then you haven’t been paying attention to what ANYONE has been saying, for years.

2 Likes