If this is the kind of storytelling 10.2 give us then I'm not hyped

My point still stands.

Both factions already had the same story even at a time where Blizzard had still stubbornly refused to open up cross faction play.

So the two are not mutually exclusive.

And then they said they wouldn’t do Garrosh 2.0 with Sylvanas.

They lied.

4 Likes

In the most technical sense, they didn’t. Sylvanas got redeemed, Garrosh didn’t. She continues to exist, he is unmade.

Bro, the Alliance let actual Legion members join. You’re upset about a Forsaken and Night Elf hanging out?

1 Like

So you’re saying that 7-8 after a tragedy is when it’s time to pretend it never happened? I’m glad you’ve never dealt with something life changing before like your home burning down and all your belongings burning with it.

Lilian didn’t take part in the burning.

If anything it does make sense for Forsaken to attempt to mend relations with the Night elves by making reparations by way of helping them solve some issues.

However, from what I’ve seen of the quest, Lilian’s inclusion seems really random and how quickly they make friends is a little unbelievable. I’m fine with Forsaken helping the Night elves, but Lilian’s inclusion seems very quick and random here. If we had seen her prior to this patch maybe it wouldn’t be so suspension of disbelief breaking.

1 Like

All I see is people who desperately want the game to go back to racewar-craft

1 Like

Just ignore Brewa posts, do not interact with Brewa posts. He never adds anything valuable to any discussion. You could use an AI to predict his posts with 100% efficiency, since he only comments on threads to whine about Alliance.

1 Like

Body1/2

That’s what Warcraft is all about. Actually, that’s what every strategy game is about.

Therefore, it must be dismantled.

2 Likes

Ah. One of those folk. Got it.

BTs are honestly gold waiting to be struck, Blizzard just needs to put in the work and expand on them.

1 Like

I know the alliance is messed up lol but I mean Sylvanas was evil, doesn’t mean the forsaken were. Some were insane yeah. But the Tauren even felt pity for them. They were lost souls, completely misunderstood and targeted by everyone. That’s rough and it’s hard to blame them for having that hatred inside them for the living. I don’t think they were evil though. They just needed to find their place in the world, Sylvanas took advantage of that. She helped build them up, but not because she wanted to protect their home.

Well it’s hard to say what Sylvanas had as a motive early on. At first Arthas controlled the Banshee queen but then she broke away and was on her own for a while. It’s entirely possible that at that point she did have a desire to help the Undead.

Then after fighting against Arthas and helping to defeat him she dove off the tower and ended up in Shadowlands. Apparently at about that time she ran into the Jailor and became convinced that his plan was a good one. What she did after that was Jailor based.

Now having got part of her soul / mind / what ever back (the blue rock Zovall crushed up and threw at her) she is back to an older version of herself. It would seem strange to blame her today for what she did in one of those other times.

What exactly is everyone expecting Metzen to do? He’s not back as a lead writer or writer in any capacity. He’s overseeing the entire franchise, which includes a lot of things outside of WoW like Warcraft Rumble and Hearthstone.

And he’s been back for a year now. Clearly on board with the direction WoW has taken.

He’s the creative director. He directs where the story goes in the long term. He’s not going to come in and do a complete 180 on the story direction in the middle of an expansion.

What lol. Many many people cared about Arthas including myself. His story was complete though so it didn’t need to be brought up really as it wasn’t ongoing. Then they had to retroactively change his story and disenchant him. It would of been better if he was just not mentioned at all in shadowlands.

5 Likes

Came awfully close during the Cuban Missile Crisis. That’s some interesting reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Arkhipov

He’s the creative director of the Warcraft universe, not just World of Warcraft.

And he’s been a part-time advisor since 2016. He’s actively played a role in where the game has gone since 2016. I don’t see how his “new” job is going to change anything.

LOL LILIAN VOSS TELLING SHANDRIS TO TALK ABOUT HER FEELINGS… holy hell get these feeling writers out of warcraft please

3 Likes

What’s wrong with friendships?

2 Likes

My theory is that everybody complaining about feelings in the game didn’t read any of the books.