If the Alliance can't get High Elves, Then Give the Option to the Horde

Excuse you the Kul Tirans had months to evolve from being normal sized humans.

Nah brah - we gonna get Defias humies and build a fort right outside Stormwind in Elwynn Forest. Be doin’ da Voodoo on younglings as dey come outta dat gate for sure.

4 Likes

Forsaken High Elves
Naga
Succubus
San’layn
K’valdir
Undead/Shadowforged Draenei
Centaurs
Faceless Ones
Pretty much anything besides Ogres.

1 Like

TBF if you want Ogres the Alliance is waiting for you.

1 Like

They aren’t though. They’re not separate races. You can hold your breath til you’re blue (whoops, you already are blue, sorry!) but that doesn’t change the fact that they’re the exact same race, and the devs have repeatedly stated that they are, and that if you want high elves, they already exist.

High Elves aren’t a race, they’re a faction of a race. And many factions and race both are not playable. Get over it.

7 Likes

Literally all Allied races are factions of the same race except Vulpera of course but the Horde is spwecial.

That’s why they denote them with an adjective describing their "sub"faction.

Dark Iron DWARF. Kul Tiran HUMAN.

Elves are a special case but they’re literally the same race except their situations often led to various mutations, some more substantial than most. Nightborne are just Night Elves corrupted by the Arcane to the extreme for example…

In this case, High Elves are basic Highborne that don’t have a mutation. They’re the vanilla version of all these crazy elves. Basic but they’re wanted, possibly because they are basic.

You realize that by knocking the concept of an AR that is not a faction of an already playable race in the ‘home faction’ you’re knocking the concept of playable High Elves on the Alliance - right?

They are not. Highborne - with a very small exception who are now aligned with the Night Elves - are either Nightborne or Naga…or dead…at this point.

After the Highborne were exiled by the rest of the Night Elves, post-Sundering and post-Arcanestormed Ashenvale, and with no Well of Eternity to sustain them, settled in what is now Kalimdor and evolved into Thalassian Elves dependent on the newly made Sunwell.

After Arthas and the Sunwell’s corruption the Thalassian Elves split apart politically and philosophically; 90% accepted the name Blood Elf in honor of the fallen and 10% did not. Of that 10% some few gave up magic entirely - the Highvale High Elves - and some just decided that Stormwind and Dalaran were far more chill options than striving together with their brethren to rebuild a shattered society.

8 Likes

And who made you Lord Almighty of deciding that every “base” race gets only one variation? Give me a statement from Blizzard that says this.

Nah it’s just another random assumption created out of thin air by people such as yourself.

The hope is that they continue to expand on such customization.

Glaringly absent choices are Wildhammer Dwarfs, Forest Trolls, High Elves, Forsaken High Elves, etc…

1 Like

Long ago the majestic high elves created the splendid golden city of Quel’Thalas built around a magical fount of energy known as the Sunwell. When the Lich King destroyed their capital in the Third War, the surviovrs truned to the Horde for help. Now known as the blood elves, these refugees are all that remains of their glorious civilization.

idk about that one chief

1 Like

Apparently it’s the Blood Elves that the Alliance players have had to entertain for multiple expansions as their representation from Wrath to Legion :laughing:

What’s funnier than not knowing history is attempting to rewrite it. The High Elves that people want are the ones that have been Alliance. That’s all there is to it. Semantics about names are pointless. Call them Dalaran or Blue Elves if you want.

1 Like

This has been my take on it for some time now. I just don’t see them changing their minds about something they’ve made their stance on so visibly clear. That being said I understand why people still push for them on the Alliance, but at this point I feel like the only way we’re ever going to get high elves in the way we really want to see them is if they join the Blood elves on the Horde.

And hopefully with the faction barriers possibly getting relaxed, there might still be the choice of playing with the alliance anyway.

1 Like

Eh this is my theory as well.

I believe they’ll change the Allied Race UI to fall under some umbrella race in the character creation option, and within the “Thalassian” or whatever option you’ll be able to pick a High Elf with no faction barriers.

YOU are the one who trashed Vulpera as an AR that isn’t an offshoot race of an already playable race in that faction - not me. Damn son, read what you wrote:

4 Likes

Wait… how did I trash them?

I said they’re an exception, and I made a jab at how the Horde is special for having that unique option for now.

1 Like

I can see High Elves who are now with the alliance or neutral to come back and unite with Silvermoon, but I don’t believe it should be an ‘allied’ race thing. It should just be in game story.

6 Likes

ye but like

if you take a defias human and a stormwind human, and you ask them, whats your race, they’ll say im human.

if you ask a silver convenant person or whatever their race, they’ll say quel’dorei, but if you ask a blood elf they’ll say sin’dorei.

even those elves acknowledge they ain’t the same.

Elven divides are a little stronger (as they’re historically a very divided race) but I wouldn’t say Humans are any less factional. Kul TIrans are a great example of people who see themselves as Kul Tirans first.

nah im not saying from a faction stance though, im saying from a race stance.

kul tirans, stromic, alteraci, lordaeronians, stormwind people all acknowledge that they’re humans.

1 Like

Right.

Elves are just a weird special case. They live for a long time and as such even with all their mutations, they’re still the same people. All of them stem from Night Elves, and the Highborne are all just different populations of those exiled.

Their differences are, as far as we know, purely phenotypical… like someone from Europe vs someone from Asia.

Obviously in Azeroth’s case, the push for differentiation is magical in nature rather than temporal.

Race in WoW has always meant “Factions” more so than species. Otherwise it would have been weird to refer to Undead as a different race… they’re just dead humans.

It’s the best solution to the whole “There’s not enough of them” issue. That by returning home they would once again be gathering in large numbers, and possibly even form their own partisan group within Silvermoon, like the Magisters, and Farstriders to reflect their political views.

It also offers the wonderful opportunity to update, and revamp Silvermoon. That as a thriving city it no longer lies broken, with nearly half of it sitting in ruin, perhaps even section off a part specifically for the High elves to reside in.

3 Likes