If some realms progressed

Would you repeat the progression from “classic”, to BC, to WotLK, etc …?

Like if you could play on a realm that would go forward again every 2 years, would you?
Do you have a limit to how far you’d like to see it go?

Personally, I enjoyed it up until Cata. I’d happily spend 4-5 years going through the content again.

But your thoughts?

No, and I very much want a separate BC: Classic realm with plans to play on both simultaneously.

I want the natural max level lock at 60 of WOW: Classic, the ability to feel like if I pick a goal, the goalposts will never move.

4 Likes

Copy paste your Classic lvl 60 over to the new BC servers, BC to WotLK servers. This would be ideal. The servers must be kept in their static state. Fresh announced servers will be a must down the road.

3 Likes

I’d be fine with that as long as I’m able to continue playing 1.12 on my server for ever.

1 Like

If I were designing server types in a vacuum, there would be one server type that ran on a 10-year cycle with 3.33 years spent each in Classic, BC, and Wrath.

There would also be individual permanent servers for each.

(I’d also include straight-up seasonal servers for each that lasted one or two years before resetting.)

Obviously this is unfeasible, it’s too many different combinations and too much going on, but I did specify ‘in a vacuum’ :stuck_out_tongue:

i’d rather them just start new bc and wrath servers and allow you to copy your characters.

No. The whole point of Classic for me is to actually have an end game. Gear obsoletion is not fun for me.

4 Likes

I’d do it but agree with others here, create a separate server and copy toons over.

I’d love to see them add other expansions. But instead of upgrading realms to the next expansion what I’d much rather see would be adding new realms for the new expansions with the option to copy your character over.

That lets people keep their old character at whatever point they were in the previous expansion and also get to progress into the next expansion.

Personally…I truly enjoy levelling. I would enjoy a BC server, and ultimately a Wrath server, BUT, I’d prefer starting fresh with a new toon. I like connecting with the character I’m rolling on. My 60 can stay on Classic, which, tbh, I’ll likely spend the lion’s share of my time.
I don’t want to “copy” my Classic character, and then advance them. I’d feel like my 60 was a “mini-me”.

1 Like

Yes I would. But I’d rather blizz prioritised classic then worried about it afterwards.

1 Like

Am I the only one that thinks it would be best to keep TBC servers completely separate from Classic servers? No copying characters over, no items linked, nothing. There’s too much room for abuse.

TBC server launches and you can create a new level 1 character on that server that has no ties to classic or retail.

5 Likes

How? Both factions have to re-roll atleast 4+ toons for raids making any gear advantage from going into kara with tier 3 irrelevant.

I could go either way with allowing a character copy from vanilla or not. I probably would level a different class anyway.

But what do you mean by too much room for abuse?

Copy character over that has 1k gold saved, or a crap load of materials saved up, send them to another character, sell everything, delete the character, crash market by constantly copying that character over with large amounts of gold / mats instantly.

Fix it by having a max of 1 character transferred? But I get your point.

Problem with a “copy character” system is the exploitable nature of it. My friend could give me 3k gold in classic i copy my character and give him his 3k+ my 3k and we each start bc with double the gold we had 10 minutes prior.

Even if they did something like copied all"bloodreaver-classic" characters to “bloodreaver-tbc” then someone who has no interest in TBC could now freely give their stuff away. When ever i quit wow (happened about 4 times) id sell all my stuff and give it to friends/randoms/ect and then know after an expansion or 2 anything i had wouldnt be worth much if anything. You wouldnt even have to worry about that if you just get copied.

1 Like

Fine then, Copy and Delete. You move and that is it.

2 Likes

Are you okay with that same feature being allowed for Classic to Retail servers?

If not, why not?

No. The difference is you could take your classic stuff to retail and get benefits of it. Things classic doesnt want to happen. Its not like we want a full tier 3 tank in our guild to get his last piece and have reason to delete his character (for transmogs)